El Hassan Library is strategically located to facilitate user access. The library is committed to promoting learning and research through its services and collections. The library provides its services to all PSUT students, faculty, and administrative staff, while also striving to be actively involved with the local community by making the library and its services accessible to them during business hours, and by donating books to schools, associations, and public libraries.
The library is open approximately 67 hours per week and provides its services through its team which consists of eight staff members. The main services provided are: borrowing, book reserve, and renewal, in addition to information literacy, instructions on how to use the library, guided visits, reference services, and photocopying.
The library promotes research and learning by providing access to online resources. The library subscribes to (5) electronic resources that are accessible via twenty-eight computers located in both libraries, sixteen of which are in the "Library Lab." It is equipped with computers, and internet, photocopying, and printing services.
The library is affiliated with many professional associations to facilitate professional development of its team, such as the Jordan Libraries and Information Association (JLIA), the American Library Association (ALA), and the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA). In addition, the library participates in a reciprocal lending program with the University of Jordan.
Perhaps the most distinguishing feature of the El Hassan Library is its group study rooms.
El Hassan Library endeavors to play a major supporting role in the creation of a suitable academic environment where students can achieve the best results in their chosen programs of study. The Library also encourages scientific research and supports the local community by providing various types of information sources, working continuously to enhance its development in collaboration with the users, according to their needs and suggestions
The Library Objectives
- Providing excellent services that are continuously developed to meet the needs of beneficiaries and their expectations.
- Developing a well-rounded and balanced print and non-print collection.
- Organizing the administrative structure and raising the efficiency and performance of human resources.
- Developing the library quality management to ensure continuous development and excellent services to beneficiaries.
- Support scientific research at the University, as well as the development of strategic partnerships with other universities and institutions.
The Library values
- Excellence in services,
- Accountability, clarity, and objectivity,
- Entrepreneurship, innovation, and excellence,
- Leadership and teamwork.
The Library Sections
1. Technical Services Section, which carries out the following functions:
- Technical Services
2. Users Services Section, which carries out the following functions:
- User Services
- Instructions and Training
- Development and marketing
- Electronic services