Professor Yahia AL-Halabi received his PhD degree in Mathematics and Computer Science from Clarkson University, USA in 1982. He joined the University of Jordan, in Amman, Jordan, as an assistant professor in 1982, achieving promotion to associate professor in 1987 and to the rank of full professor in 1994. During the period 1982 to 2001, he served as academic professor at the University of Jordan. In 2001, he joined the H.Q. of the newly-established Arab Open University in Kuwait and served as Dean of the Faculty of Computer Studies for a period of 4 years. In September 2005, he joined Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) as professor of Computer Science in the King Hussein School, Department of Computer Science and was Dean of the King Hussein School of Computing Sciences for the period between 15/9/2008 to 19/9/2010. He is currently serving as professor of Computer Science at PSUT. Throughout his career, he has occupied different administrative positions such as: Director of Computer Center (for a period of 4 years), Chairman of Computer Science (for a period of 6 years), Dean of Faculty of Science and Art at Amman Private University (for a period of 3 years), visiting professor at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (for a period of one year), a member of the PSUT Board of Trustees. He has also served as a member on different scientific and administrative committees in different universities and ministries in Jordan and abroad. Research interests include: Image Processing · Computer Simulation · Algorithms · Numerical Modeling · Theory of Computation · E-learning Professor Halabi has published more than 50 papers in different international journals and international conferences and supervised many local and overseas graduate students from different universities, as well as acting as an external examiner for graduate students at different national and international universities.
King Hussein School of Computing Sciences
Papers Published in the last 5 years: (2009-2015)
- Yahia S. AL-Halabi , Abou El-Seoud, Samir, El-Sofany Hosam Farouk, Wireless "Question- Bank" System M-Learning in School Education", 12th International Conference on Interactive Computer aided Learning ,conference proceedings, (ISBN 978-3-89958-481-3), Carinthia University of Applied Sciences , Europastrasse 4, A-9524 Villach, Austria 09/2009,. ICL2009, 27-30 Sept., 2009.
- Yahia S. AL-Halabi , Zaid SA”SA, Faris Hamdan , Khaled Haj Yousef , “ Modeling Adaptive Degraded Document Image Binarization and Optical Character System” , European Journal of Scientific Research , ISSN 1450-216X , pp.14-32. Vol.28 No.1 (2009).
- Yahia S. AL-Halabi and El-Seoud, Samir; El-Sofany, Hosam Farouk, “Wireless "Question- Bank" System M-Learning in School Education", International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM),Vol. 4, Issue 1, doi:10.3991/ijim.v4i1.1129,January 2010, pp- 4-8, 01/2010; 4(1).
- Yahia S. AL-Halabi and Hesham jondi abd , “NEW WAVELET-BASED TECHNIQUES FOR EDGE DETECTION” , ID: 1510- JATIT , International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. Vol 23, pp-31-38, Jan. 2011.
- “Yahia S. AL-Halabi, “ Information Theory and its Application to Pattern Recognition in Image Processing” , International Journal of Engineering Inventions , ISSN: 2278-7461, ISBN: 2319-6491, pp: 14-18,Volume 1, Issue 10 (November 2012)
- Yahia Al - Halabi , and Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Edward Jaser, Baha Din-Khasaweneh, Zaid Hamzeh, “Video Processing Approach to Pollution Analysis” , Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MOMM2013), , ISI Indexed, Published by ACM, Jan. 2013.
- Yahia S. AL-Halabi, “New Algorithm -Simulation Connected Components Labeling for Binary Images”. , International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001: Certified Journal, pp-335-348, Volume 3, Issue 12, December 2013).
- Yahia S. AL-Halabi, “DUAL CONGRUENT INTEGER CRYPTOGRAPHIC ALGORITHM TO SECURE SENSITIVE INFORMATION TRANSIENT”. [Best Paper Certificate], International Journal of Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology Research (IJCSEITR), ISSN (P): 2249-6831; ISSN(E): 2249-7943 Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp-309-320 , Apr 2014.
- Connected Component labeling Algorithm Based on Parallel Segmentation Methodology and Applications on general and Medical Images, submitted for publication May, 2015.
- A New Iterated Connected Components Labeling Algorithm Based on Medical Segmentation, International Journal of Video & Image Processing and Network Security IJVIPNS-IJENS Vol :15 Issue: 03 ISSN: 2077-1207, 2015 ID: 155703-6161-IJVIPNS-IJENS