Professor Wejdan Abu-Elhaija, Professor in Electrical Machines. Currently, she is an Advisor to HRH President of Royal Scientific Society, RSS. In 2016, she was appointed Vice President and Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology at Al-Zaytoonah University of Jordan. She became the first Dean of Engineering in Jordan when she was appointed Dean of the King Abdullah II School of Engineering at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) in the year 2011. She has obtained her PhD in Electrical Machines from Queen’s University of Belfast, UK. She has received several awards for her research, including Hisham Adeeb Hijjawi Applied Science Award in 2004, the King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau Award for the Best Design Model in 2008 and the University of Jordan Centre for Women's Studies Award in 2007. In 2007, she became the President’s Assistant for Quality Assurance and Chair of the Department of Electronics Engineering in 2009. In 2011 she was appointed Dean of the Engineering school at PSUT. In 2012 she has received the IEEE Clementine Saduwa Award by the Region 8 Sections in recognition of her outstanding contribution to Engineering and IT. She was awarded the US State Department’s 2012 Women in Science Hall of Fame award. In early 2013 she was granted a Doctor of Science in Engineering [honoris causa] degree for her outstanding services to engineering by the Senate of Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK.
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
- Zoubir Hamici and Wejdan Abu Elhaija,” Power Conditioning with Intelligent Control using a Novel Recursive Stochastic Optimization”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 66, Issue 5, May 2019. DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2018.2856195.
- Z. Hamici and Wejdan Abu Elhaija,” Novel Current Unbalance Estimation and Diagnosis Algorithms for Condition Monitoring with Wireless Sensor Network and Internet of Things Gateway", IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 15, Issue 11, 19 August 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TII.2019.2935743. Special Section on Identification and Observation Informatics for Energy Conversion, and Applications.
- W. S. Abu-Elhaija, and A. Muetze, “Self-Excitation and Stability at Speed Transients of Self-Excited Single-Phase Reluctance Generators”, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 4, issue 1, Jan 2013, pp.136-144.
- F. K. Amoura, W. S. Abu-Elhaija. “Deriving the Signal-to-Noise Ratio Probability of Error and Performance Measure Matrices for Distribution Line Carrier Signals Propagation Using Bus Impedance Approach”, IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, Volume 19, No.1, Jan 2004, pp. 96-104.
- A. A. Dahab, F. K. Amoura and W. S. Abu-Elhaija “Comparison of Magnetic Field Distribution of Non-Compact and Compact Parallel Transmission Line Configurations”, IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, Volume 20, No.3, July 2005, pp.2114-2118.
- W.S. Abu-Elhaija and A. Muetze, “Effect of the variation of the rotor impedance with slip on the performance of single-phase excited three-phase induction motors, “IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion”, Vol. 25, No. 4, Dec 2010, pp.1010-1020.
- Abu-Elhaija, W. S., Faiz, Jawad and Ebrahimi, Bashir Mahdi, “Analytical Prediction of Instantaneous Torque and Speed for Induction Motors with Mixed-Eccentricity Fault Using Magnetic-Field Equations”, Electromagnetics, 30: 6, 525 - 540, 2010, pp.525-540.
- W.S. Abu-Elhaija and A. Muetze, “A Voltage Unbalance Factor Coding Technique for Three-Phase Induction Motors”, International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, Article DOI: 10.1002/etep.2554, Jan 2018.
- J. Faiz, B. Ebrahimi, H. A. Toliyat, W. S. Abu-Elhaija, “Mixed-fault diagnosis in induction motors considering varying load and broken bars location”, Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 51, Issue 7, July 2010, pp.1432-1441.
- Ali Al-Zyoud, Wejdan Abu Elhaija, “Solar Power Gel Battery Storage Solution Using Cycle Recovery Charging Method”, Journal of Energy Storage, 25 (2019) 100843.
- W.S. Abu-Elhaija, Bashir Mahdi Ebrahimi, Jawad Faiz, “Influence of Simulation Precision on Broken Rotor Bars Fault Diagnosis Accuracy in Induction Motors”, International Review of Electrical Engineering (I.R.E.E.), Vol. 7, No. 2, March-April, 2012, pp.3935-3940.
- Dahab, W. S. Abu-Elhaija, F. K. Amoura "A Comparative Study of Electric Field Beneath Compact and Non Compact Transmission Lines", International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, (IJEEE), UK, Volume 44, No.1, Jan 2007, pp.76-83.
- W. S. Abu-Elhaija, F. K. Amoura “Fault Analysis of Six Phase Power System Using Six Phase Symmetrical Components”, Electric Power Components and Systems, Volume 33, No. 6, June 2005, pp. 657-671.
- W.S. Abu-Elhaija, A. Al-Zaben, M. Alomoush "Quantifying Severity of unbalanced conditions of induction motor using wavelet entropy", Electric Power Components and Systems, Volume 34, No.9, Sept. 2006, pp. 1001-1013.
- W. Abu-Elhaija, C.E. Tindall, J.P. Martin. “Finite Element Time-Stepping Method for the Prediction of Small Alternator Transient Response”, Electric Power Components and Systems, Volume 31, April 2003, pp-379-388.
- Wejdan S. Abu Elhaija, Jamal Y. Thalji, “Self-Excited Reluctance Generator: State of the Art and Future Trends”, International Journal on Energy Conversion (IRECON), Vol. 1, July 2014.
- Ayman Faza, Majd Batarseh, and Wejdan Abu-Elhaija, "Upgrading power and energy engineering curricula in Jordanian universities: A case study at PSUT", International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, (IJEEE), vol. 54, 1: pp. 57-81, Oct. 2016.
- Fares S. El-Faouri, Omar Mohamed, and Wejdan Abu Elhaija,” Comparison of Three Phase Induction Motor Control Models Incorporating Mutual Flux Saturation Effect”, International Journal on Energy Conversion (IRECON), vol.5, no.5, 2017.
- Fares S. El-Faouri, Omar Mohamed, and Wejdan Abu Elhaija, “ Model-Based Field-Oriented Control of a Three-Phase Induction Motor with Consideration of Rotor Resistance Variation”, International Review of Electrical Engineering (I.R.E.E.), accepted 2019.
Zoubir Hamici, Wejdan Abu Elhaija and Amal Qased, "A Lightweight Authentication Protocol for Cognitive Industrial IoT with Embedded Artificial Intelligence", ICAIIC 2020, Fukuoka, Japan, February 2020.
- Jawad Faiz, Hossein Ehya and W.S. Abu-Elhaija, “New Optimal Configurations for Two-phase Switched Reluctance Motors”, 8th Jordanian International Electrical and Electronics Engineering Conference” JIEEEC” , Amman-Jordan, 16-18 April 2013.
- Ehya, Jawad Faiz and W. S. Abu-Elhaija, “Detailed Performance Analysis of Salient Pole Synchronous Generator under Dynamic Eccentricity Fault”, the 8th Jordanian International Electrical and Electronics Engineering Conference JIEEEC, Amman-Jordan, 16-18 April 2013.
- Jawad Faiz, Mahmud Bijan, Bashir Ebrahimi, W.S. Abu-Elhaija, “Three –Dimensional Magnetic Equivalent Circuit Modeling of Induction Motor”, the 8th Jordanian International Electrical and Electronics Engineering Conference JIEEEC, Amman-Jordan, 16-18 April 2013.
- W. S. Abu-Elhaija and Jawad Faiz, “Review of Series Connected Wound Rotor Three Phase Induction Motors”, 22nd International Symposium on, Power electronics, electrical drives, automation and motion, Naples, Italy, 18-20 June 2014.
- W. S. Abu-Elhaija, Vahid Ghorbanian, Jawad Faiz and Bashir Mahdi Ebrahimi” Impact of closed-loop on behavior of Inverter-fed Induction Motors with Rotor Broken Bars Fault”, IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (IEEE PEDES 2012), 16-19 December 2012, Bengaluru, India.
- W. S. Abu-Elhaija, A. M. Takbash, Jawad Faiz and Bashir Mahdi Ebrahimi” Eccentricity Fault Diagnosis in Induction Motors using Global Processors- A Review”, IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (IEEE PEDES 2012), 16-19 December 2012, Bengaluru, India.
- J. Faiz, B. M. Ebrahimi and W. S. Abu-Elhaija,” Computation of Static and Dynamic Axial and Radial Forces on Power Transformer Windings due to Inrush and Short Circuit Currents”, 2011 IEEE Jordan Conference on Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (IEEE AEECT), 6-8 December 2011, The University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan.
- F. K. Amoura, W.S. Abu-Elhaija, “Time Varying Magnetic Fields under Power Transmission Lines “, IEEE EPQU - Electrical Power Quality and Utilization Conference Lisbon, Portugal, 17-19 October 2011.
- Al-Zaben, W. S. Abu-Elhaija, M. Alomoush "Identification of Three Phase Transformer Abnormal Conditions Using Wavelet Entropy," IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEEE IEMDC 2007), Antalya, Turkey, 3-5 May 2007.
- Abu-Elhaija, Wejdan, "Capacitance Requirement of Single Phase Self Excited Reluctance Generator using Eigenvalues Criterion”, IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, Dallas, Texas, 21-25, May 2006.
- Abu-Elhaija, W., Tindall, C.E., Martin, J.P., " Prediction of Three Phase Sudden Short Circuit Response using Finite Elements “, Proceeding 33rd Univ. Power Engineering. Conference, Edinburgh, UK, 1998.
- W.S. Abu-Elhaija, “Effect of variable slip rotor impedance on the performance of singly excited three phase induction motor”, International Conference on Electric Machines and Drives IEMDC '09, Miami, Florida., 2009.
- W. Abu-Elhaija, Vahid Ghorbanian, J. Faiz and H. Nejadi Koti, “Significance of Rotor Slots Number on Induction Motor Operation under Broken Bars”, IEMDC May, Miami, Florida, 2017.
- Fares S. El-Faouri, Omar Mohamed, and Wejdan Abu Elhaija,” D-Q model and control of a three - phase induction motor considering mutual flux saturation effect”, JIEEEC 2017, Amman, Jordan.
- Mohammad Masoud, Wejdan Abu-Elhaija, Yousef Jaradat, Ismael Jannoud, and Loai Dabbour, “Software Project Management: Resources Prediction and Estimation Utilizing Unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithm”, The 8th International Conference on Engineering, Project, and Production Management EPPM2017, Sep 2017, Amman, Jordan.
- Yousef Jaradat, Ismael Jannoud, Mohammad Zakaria Masoud, Wejdan Abu-Elhaija, “A Roadmap for SDN-based Network Management: Al-Zaytoonah University of Jordan Case, 18th International conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic control & computer engineering, At Tunis-Monastir, Dec 2017.