Dr. Sweis earned her PhD from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2012. She is an economist with research interests in health, and International business. She researches the economics of tobacco taxation - its public health dimensions, the microeconomics of optimal excise taxes and the implementation of tobacco tax policies in Jordan. She assists in tackling the problem of obesity from an economic view. She also studies aspects of health insurance markets, including the effect of the regulatory environment on risk composition, and the impact of the tax system on health insurance purchase decisions and health outcomes.
El-Hassan Library Director
King Talal School of Business Technology
El Hassan Library
D Building-Second Floor
- El-Tamimi, R., & Sweis, N. (2019). The Perceptions of Individuals Aged 50 Years and Older Towards Engaging in Entrepreneurial Activities. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, forthcoming
- Sweis, R., Abu El Hawa, N., & Sweis, N. (2019). Total Quality Management Practices and Their Impact on Performance (Case Study of Royal Jordanian Airlines). International Journal of Business Excellence, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBEX.2019.097546
- Yaseen, M. M., Sweis, R. J., Abdallah, A. B., Obeidat, B. Y., & Sweis, N. J. (2018). Benchmarking of TQM practices in the Jordanian pharmaceutical industry (a comparative study). Benchmarking: An International Journal, 25(9), 4058-4083.
- Sweis, N. J. (2018). Smoking Behavior among Jordanians: Physical, Psychological, Social, and Economic Reasons. Value in Health Regional Issues, 16, 5-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vhri.2017.09.003
- Sweis, R. J., Elian, M., Alawneh, A. R., & Sweis, N. J. (2018). The Impact of Service Quality on Sustainable Competitive Advantage: Study on Jordanian Health Insurance Companies. International Journal of Business Excellence, 16(2), 162-176. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBEX.2018.094703
- Sweis, N. J., Sweis, R. J., Kassab, G., Elfar, A., Athammneh, D., & Sweis, G. J. (2017). Demotivating Factors Influencing Productivity in Jordanian Residential Construction Projects. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 20(2), 154-168.
- Sweis, N. J., & Cherukupalli, R. (2016). Cigarette Demand Is Responsive to Higher Prices: Findings from a Survey of University Students in Jordan. Tobacco Control, 25(6), 631-633. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2015-052316
- Sweis, R. J., Mahmoud Saleh, F. I., Dahiyat, S. E., Sweis, N. J., Saleh, R. A., & Diab, H. (2016). Benchmarking of TQM Practices in INGOs: A Literature Review. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 23(1), 236 261. https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-02-2015-0013
- Sweis, N., & Chaloupka, F. (2013). The Economics of Tobacco Use in Jordan. Nicotine and Tobacco Research, 16(Suppl_1), S30-S36. https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntt058
- Hushaw, L. L., Sawaqed, R., Sweis, G., Reigle, J., Gopal, A., Brandt, D., Sweis, N., Curran, J., Niewold, T. B., … Sweiss, N. J. (2010). Critical appraisal of tocilizumab in the treatment of moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis. Therapeutics and clinical risk management, 6, 143-52. http://dx.doi.org/10.2147/TCRM.S5582