Luay Anaya is Assistant Professor in Business Information Technology at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) in Jordan. He was A lecturer in information technology in two universities in Palestine, Al-Quds Open University and Palestinian Technical University (Kadoori). Before that he was a Research Fellow at the Department of Information Systems at University of Agder, Norway. Anaya holds PhD in Information Systems from University of Agder (2016), and he accomplished his Master of Science in IT Management (2011) from the British University in Dubai – in collaboration with University of Edinburgh and University of Manchester. Realizing business benefits and creating value from IT remains one of his research interest, combined with an interest in enterprise systems and digital innovation. Anaya’s research appears in various international journals and conferences, such as International Journal of Information Systems and Project Management, Business Process Management Journal, CENTERIS, UKAIS, and EMCIS. Dr. Anaya has served as a reviewer for various scientific journals and conferences such as Business Process Management Journal, The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, CENTERIS, HICSS and ECIS. Prior to his academic career, Dr. Anaya worked as an IT professional for over 15 years in Jordan, Palestine, and the United Arab Emirates including Arab Trade Financing Program/Arab Monetary Fund, Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce, and Fujitsu Services among others. Dr. Anaya has professional certificates such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince 2 Foundation, and ITIL Foundation V3.
King Talal School of Business Technology
Business Information Technology
- Anaya, Luay Ahmad. (2013). Towards An Improved Understanding for the Benefits Realization from Enterprise Information Systems. Paper presented at the CONFENIS - 7th International Conference on Research and Practical Issues of Enterprise Information Systems, Prague - Czech Republic. Published by Trauner.
- Anaya, Luay Ahmad. (2013). Realizing the Benefits from Enterprise Information Systems: A Sociomaterial Perspective. Paper presented at the CENTERIS - Conference on Enterprise Information Systems – aligning technology, organizations and people, Lisbon-Portugal. Published by Elsevier, October, 2013. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212017313002065
- Anaya, Luay Ahmad. (2014). How A newly Established Company Realizes the Benefits of ERP Implementation: A Palestinian Case Study. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the UK Academy of Information Systems (UKAIS), Oxford, April 2014, UK. http://aisel.aisnet.org/ukais2014/21/
- Anaya, Luay Ahmad (2014). Developing business advantages from the technological possibilities of enterprise information systems. International Journal of Information Systems and Project Management, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 43-56. Available online http://www.sciencesphere.org/ijispm/archive/ijispm-020203.pdf
- Anaya, Luay A. and Olsen, Dag H. (2014). Implementing ERP in a Challenging Environment: The Case of a Palestinian Telecom Company. Paper presented at the 8th European Conference on IS Management and Evaluation (ECIME), Ghent, Belgium, September 2014. Published by ACPIL.
- Anaya, Luay A., Dulaimi, Mohammed F., and Abdallah, Sherief (2015). An Investigation into the Role of Enterprise Information Systems in Enabling Business Innovation. Business Process Management Journal, Vol. 21, No. 4.
- Anaya, Luay, Flak, Leif and Olsen, Dag. (2015). Start-up company? Get your ERP system ASAP!. European, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS2015), June 2015, Athens, Greece.