Dr. Khaldoun M. Al-Tarawneh is an Associate Professor in the Department of Basic Sciences at Princess Sumaya University for Technology. He received the B.Sc. degree in Physics from Mu’tah University, Karak, Jordan, in 1998, followed by a Master’s degree in Physics in 2004 and a PhD in Physics in 2008, both from the University of Jordan, Amman. Dr. Al-Tarawneh’s current research is in the field of theoretical and computational condensed matter physics. In particular, he is interested in understanding the structural, electronic and transport properties of semiconductors and nanomaterials using first-principles computational methods.
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
Complete list of publication of Khaldoun M. Tarawneh
- K. Tarawneh, B. Hamad, and J. Khalifeh, Dimensional and Proximity MagneticEffects in Cr/V Systems, Surf. Sci. 600, 1026, (2006).
- K. Tarawneh, E. Rabei, and H. Ghassib, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Formulations of the Damped Harmonic Oscillator Using Caputo Fractional Derivative,Journal of Dynamical Systems and Geometric Theories, 8, 59, (2010).
- P. Kharel, X. Z. Li, V. R. Shah, N. Al-Aqtash, K. Tarawneh, R. F. Sabirianov R. Skomski, and D. J. Sellmyer, Structural, magnetic, and electron transport properties of MnBi:Fe thin films,Journal of Applied Physics, 111, 07E326, (2012).
- P. Kharel,Y. Huh, V. R. Shah, X. Z. Li, N. Al-Aqtash, K. Tarawneh, E. S. Krage, R. F. Sabirianov, R. Skomski, and D. J. Sellmyer, Structural and magnetic properties of Mn2TiSn,Journal of Applied Physics, 111, 07B101, (2012).
- Ab initiostudy of the interactions between boron and nitrogen dopants in grapheme,Journal of Applied Physics, 112, 034304, (2012).
- K. M. Tarawneh, and Nabil Al-Aqtash, Boron- and Nitrogen-Doped Carbon Nanotubes with Surface Defects: An ab initio Study,Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 10, 1-7, 2013.
- K. M. Tarawneh, and Nabil Al-Aqtash, First-principles Study of Boron- and Nitrogen-Doped Graphene in the Presence of Point Surface Defects,Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 10, 1-8, (2013).
- K. M. Tarawneh, and Nabil Al-Aqtash, Role of Vacancies in Zigzag Graphene Nanoribbons: An Ab Initio Study,Journal of Nano Research, 27, (2014)
- K. M. Tarawneh, Nabil Al-Aqtash, and R. F. Sabirianov,Large Magnetoresistance of MnBi/Bi/MnBi Spin Valve, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 363, (2014).