Dr. Ashraf Ahmad is currently an Associate Professor at Princess Sumya University for Technology (PSUT). Having obtained his B.Sc. from PSUT, Dr. Ahmad went on to obtain his PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering from National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) in Taiwan, graduating with distinction. Dr. Ahmad has formerly served as Head of the Department of Computer Graphics and Animation at PSUT for four years. His areas of research interest include security application development and computer programming, mobile application, video transcoding, secure multimedia and interoperability. Dr. Ahmad has authored several scientific publications including journal papers, conference papers, book chapters and books. In addition, Dr. Ahmad holds several US and international patents in his field of expertise. He serves as an associate editor for two journals and an editorial member of several journals. Dr. Ahmad has been honored to serve as either a program committee or steering committee member for several international conferences. He has managed several funded projects on security and video domain. Moreover, Dr. Ahmad has given several keynote speeches at international conferences and workshops. Under his supervision, his student teams have won several international, regional and national prizes including the Imagine Cup and the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest. He has earned several funded research projects. Dr. Ashraf Ahmad was chosen as one of the recipients of the Leading Scientist Award in the year 2006 for his outstanding contribution in the field of Video Processing and Communications. In 2014, Dr. Ahmad won the American Challenge Cup in Jordan for his invention of a border security device.
King Hussein School of Computing Sciences
Computer Graphics and Animation
Council of Deans
- Ashraf Ahmad, Mustafa Azzam,"Intelligent Approach for Smartphone User Authentication based on Keystroke Error Pattern",Wulfinia Journal, 2015, Accepted for publication.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Akram Alharouk, 2014 “Image Analysis Algorithm to detect Defected Tablets in Medical Pills Strip”, The Modern Information Technology Trends (MITT) conference, 2014, Amman ASU.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Alaa Almomni, 2014 “Fully Automated Liquid Level Measurement in Bottles using Edge Detection”, The Modern Information Technology Trends (MITT) conference, 2014, Amman ASU.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, “Keynote Speech: Gaming Industry and Education” in Game Summit in Jordan, 2013, Jordan.
- Ahmad Awwad, Ashraf Ahmad, Walid a. Salameh,"Arabic Race Classification of Face Images"INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTERS & TECHNOLOGY, Vol 4, No 2, PP. 234-239, 2013.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, “General Framework for Multimedia Arabic content classification” Keynote speech International Workshop on Arabic Content roadmap, PSUT march 2012.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Bashar Ahmad, “Framework for Smart Agent-based Mobile Multimedia Applications”, “International Journal of Advancements in Technology” December,2011
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Ahlam Qutami, Jalal Atoum, “A Robust Algorithm for Video Arabic Text Detection”, 2011 2nd International Congress on Computer Applications and Computational Science (CACS 2011),published by Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing series Springer ISI, 15-17 November 2011, Bali.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, “Keynote Speech: Gaming trends in Jordan and Gaming Industry” in Game Summit in Jordan, 2011, Jordan.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, “Keynote Speech: Serious game and Simulation games in ME” in Serious Play Conference, July, 2011, Washington.
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, “Semantic based Video Transcoding Architectures for Quality of Service Applications in Mobile and Wireless Video Communication”, The 2010 International Conference on Education Technology and Computer (ICETC 2010), Shanghai. published by IEEE ISI proceeding
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, “Keynote speech: Semantic Web Multimedia” Cambridge University international conference on Intelligent computing Cambridge, Feb 2009, Cambridge, UK.
- Ashraf M.A. Ahmad and Suh-Yin Lee, “Fast and Robust Object Extraction Framework for Object Based Streaming System,” International Journal of Virtual Technology and Multimedia, Volume 1 Issue 1, February 2008
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Samir Abou El-Seoud, "Semantic Web-based Video Streaming Application", International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, Vol 3, No 4 (2008)
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad: Multimedia content and the semantic web: Methods, standards and tools. JASIST 58(3): 457-458 (2007)
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Bashar Mamoon Ahmad: Content Based Architecture for Video Transcoding. MoMM 2006: 159-168
- Ashraf M. A. Ahmad, Suh-Yin Lee: A Novel Approach for Improving the Quality of Service for Wireless Video Transcoding. International Journal of Mobile Multimedia 2(2): 167-186 (2006)
- Ashraf M.A. Ahmad and Suh-Yin Lee, “Robust Compressed Domain Object Extraction in MPEG Videos,” International Journal on Graphics, Vision and Image Processing, VOLUME 05, ISSUE 7, 2005.
- Ashraf M.A. Ahmad “Book review: Handbook on Advances In Mobile Multimedia and research” Journal of Electronic Commerce and Organizations, 2006.
- Ashraf M.A. Ahmad, and Bashar M. A. Ahmad, “A Novel Approach for Improving the Quality of Service for Mobile Video Transcoding”, The third International Conference on Advances in Mobile Multimedia, September 19-21 2005.
- Ashraf M.A. Ahmad, Bashar M. A. Ahmad and Suh-Yin Lee “Fast and Robust Object Segmentation in MPEG Video,” IEEE Sixth International Symposium on Multimedia Software Engineering, December 10-12, 2004, Florida, USA