Dr. Amjed Almousa has been an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Engineering at Princess Sumaya University for Technology since 2012. He received his Ph.D. from Santa Clara University, M.Sc. from Virginia Tech and B.Sc. from the University of Jordan, all in Electrical Engineering. Dr. Amjed combines this academic experience with more than 13 years of industry experience from the heart of Silicon Valley. He started his career by working in the Graphics Department at Intel Corporation in 2001, and then moved on to work on statistical analysis tools at PDF Solutions in 2005. More recently, in 2009 he took a senior manager position for data analytics at SEVEN Networks, a mobile messaging firm. In this last position, he gained firsthand experience in cloud computing and Big Data. Dr. Amjed’s research interests are in applications of fuzzy logic for control & Intelligent Systems, in addition to the use and applications of Big Data, and cloud computing to serve IoT devices. He is also working on nano-particles AFM image characterization. He is a senior IEEE member, as well as a member of JEA, Sigma Xi, and MRS.
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
- Amjed Al-Mousa, Ayman Faza "A fuzzy-based customer response prediction model for a day-ahead dynamic pricing system", Journal Sustainable Cities and Society, Vol. 44, 2019, Pages 265-274, DOI: 10.1016/j.scs.2018.10.014.
- A. Al-Mousa, D. L. Niemann, D. J. Niemann,N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “Analysis of Atomic Force Microscopy Data for Surface Characterization Using Fuzzy Logic” Journal of Material Characterization, Vol. 62, No. 7, July 2011, Pages 706–715, DOI: 10.1016/j.matchar.2011.04.001.
- A. Al-Mousa, D. L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “Systematic Quantitative Characterization of Surface Nanostructures by Scanning Probe Microscopy of Thin-Films” Journal of Experimental NanoScience, Vol. 6, No. 5, 2011, pages 451-463, DOI: 10.1080/17458080903531039.
- Al-Mousa, A. H. Nayfeh, and P. Kachroo, “Control of Rotary Cranes Using Fuzzy Logic,” Shock and Vibration, Vol. 10, No. 2, 2003, pp. 81-95.
- Z. N. Masoud, A. H. Nayfeh, and A. Al-Mousa, “Delayed Position-Feedback Controller for the Reduction of Payload Pendulations of Rotary Cranes,” Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 9, 2003, pp. 257-277.
- A. Al-Mousa and O. Al-Dweik, "A Machine Vision Fuzzy-Based Technique for Detection of Defected Pores in AFM Images", The IEEE Jordan International Joint Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (JEEIT). Amman, Jordan April 2019.
- A. Al-Mousa and A. Alzoubi, "Intelligent Offloading of Reports Processing in Aging Mobile Devices", The 3rd IEEE conference on Cloud & Big Data Computing. San Francisco, USA Aug 2017.
- Al-mousa, "Cloud Vs Mobile Device based Reporting Optimization", First International Engineering Conference, Amman 2014.
- A. Elkilani, B. Elsheikh Ali, R. Abu Romman, A. Al-mousa, B. Sababha “Resident-Aware Green Home”,ICASICA 2014.
- K. Abughalieh,W. Qadi,K. Melkon, B. Fakes, B. Sababha, A. Al-mousa “A Compact Portable Object Tracking System”, ICICS 2014.
- Al-mousa, D. L. Niemann, D. J. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman “Surface-Independent Structure Characterization using Fuzzy Logic”, ISDRS 2009.
- Al-Mousa, D.L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “Systematic Quantitative Characterization of Surface Nanostructures”, NSTI 2009.
- Al-Mousa, D.L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “A Comprehensive Approach for Quantitative Characterization of Nanosturctures by Scanning Probe Microscopy”. MRS Spring 2009.
- Al-Mousa, D.L. Niemann, N. G. Gunther, M. Rahman. “A Crystal Recognition Methodology for Systematic Quantitative Characterization of Nano-Scale Crystals”. Proc. Mat. Res. Soc., V8.17, March 24–28, 2008.
- A. Almousa, S. Mourad, "Delay Faults in Dual-Rail, Self-Reset Wave-Pipelined Circuits", MWSCAC 2007.
- A. A. Al-Mousa, A. H. Nayfeh, and P. Kachroo, “Control of Rotary Cranes Using Fuzzy Logic,” 18thBiennial ASME Conference on Mechanical Vibration and Noise, DETC2001/VIB-21598 Pittsburgh, PA, September 9-12, 2001.