Thesis Writing Manual
This page is still under construction.
Last updated 24/1/2019
- References are written alphabetically according to the family name of the first author.
- References are written as follows:Family name of 1st author, Initials of first author., same for other authors, & last author (year). Title of paper. Name of journal in italic, volume# (issue#), pages.
Ali, M., & Treadue, J. (2016). A new technique for solving a signal processing problem. Journal of Multimedia, 50(3), 300-302.
Conference papers are written in a similar way, however,
- We add "In" before the name of the conference.
- The name of the conference should be italic.
- Pages numbers are preceeded by pp. with parentheses.
Ali, M., & Treadue, J. (2016). A new technique for solving a signal processing problem. In International Conference on Communications (ICC), (pp. 300-302).
As before, however
- Title of book is italic.
- Publisher name replaces the journal title or the conference name.
- We can also add the country/city of the publisher before the name of the publisher.
Duncan, G. J., & Brooks-Gunn, J. (Eds.). (1997). Consequences of growing up poor. New York, NY: Russell Sage Foundation.