PSUT seeks to reach out to all gifted students in the University and provide them with the appropriate care, according to the best international standards.
The mission of the Office is to contribute to the setting up of an appropriate environment at the University to help identify students with advanced mental and academic capabilities, and provide them with diverse opportunities to discover and develop and reinforce their talents and abilities through active participation in special activities and programs.
1. To discover the latent talent of gifted students and encourage them to be innovative and creative.
2. To teach gifted students how to deal effectively with the latest developments.
3. To promote the feeling of patriotism among gifted students and to channel their abilities towards the service of the country.
4. To implement the University's policy regarding the nurturing of gifted students.
5. To create an environment that allows gifted students to display their talents and develop their abilities and possibilities.
6. To develop the spirit of innovation among students to allow them to display their talents in local, regional and global arenas.
7. To coordinate with the academic Schools to take creative students under their wing in the field of their major of study and getting the Queen Rania Center for Leadership involved where appropriate.
8. To equip faculty members and supervisors with methods of identifying students’ diverse talents and abilities and ways to enhance their strengths in all arenas.
9. To help in the provision of diverse and fair opportunities for all students to display and develop their talents.
10. To ensure that requirements are met for participation in local, regional and international forums, dependent upon available possibilities and as far as that serves the University’s objectives.
- 2019: The University won 1st place in the "CFA2019" competition, which was contested by 5 Jordanian universities. The PSUT team qualified to represent Jordan in Zurich, Switzerland, in the Europe - Middle East -Africa (EMEA) Regional Research Challenge.
- 2019: Won 1st place in the world in the "Fifth International University Arabic Language Debating Championship", held in Qatar with the participation of 107 teams representing 100 universities from 51 Arab and foreign countries.
- 2019: Won 2nd place in the worldwide Dell EMC “Envision the Future” Competition. 253 projects were entered from 23 countries in the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
- 2019: PSUT won 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th and 10th places in the Amman Collegiate Programming Contest with the participation of 150 students from Jordanian public and private universities.
- 2019: The University won 1st and 3rd places in the Portal Firefighting Competition which was contested by 20 teams from 6 universities.
- 2019: PSUT won 4th, 6th, 22nd, 61st and 91st globally, and 1st, 2nd and 4th in the Arab world in the "IEEEXtreme Global Programming Competition". 4103 teams from around the world participated in this competition.
- 2019: Won 1st place at the First Asian Arabic Language Debating Championship.
- 2018: Won 1st place and the title of Champions of the Middle East and Africa in the ACM’s International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) 2018, which was held in China.
- 2018: Won 4th, 8th and 16th places in the world, and 1st among the Arab countries for the fourth consecutive year in the global IEEEXtreme Programming Competition.
- 2018: Winners of the gold medal and 1st and 2nd place among Jordanian universities in the ACM’s Arab Collegiate Programming Contest (ACPC) 2018. Also took 2nd place among the Arab countries.
- 2017: Won the top three places in the Hackatari Codeathon programming contest.
- 2016: 1st place in the Great Arab Revolt Basketball Tournament for Jordanian Universities.
- 2015: Won 1st place in the “Best Innovative Idea” category of the “Codingwiz 2015” competition which took place at the Zain Innovation Campus (ZINC). The winning project aims at eliminating the need to wear spectacles by using Smart phones to aid vision.
- 2015: 1st place in the “Maker Hackathon” which took place at ZINC on 26 – 28/2/2015, with sponsorship and organization provided by Zoomaal, and attended by the majority of Jordanian universities.