Software Engineering B.Sc. - Vision , Mission ,Goals and Values
Academic leadership and distinction in software engineering contributing to the development of the knowledge society locally and regionally.
The mission of the Software Engineering programme at PSUT is to supply local and international markets with highly qualified competitive IT personnel as well as prepare students for postgraduate studies and exploring research opportunities. In software engineering programme, we aim to ensure that after the completion of the academic programme, the graduates are fully equipped with knowledge required for their future careers, their self-improvement, and serving their communities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of this programme will:
- Exhibiting understanding and ability to apply software engineering practices in their future careers, by possessing the basic professional skills and knowledge to develop and innovate in developing high-quality software solutions in various environments
- Showing lifelong learning ability in their profession and education
- Demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively in teamwork
- Illustrating the ability to apply ethical practices in their profession and community
Student Outcomes (SOs)
- Analyse a complex computing problem and apply principles of software engineering and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions
- Design, implement, evaluate, verify, and manage a software solution to meet a given set of software requirements
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in software engineering practice based on legal and ethical principles
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in software engineering activities
- Show ability to use appropriate software engineering methodologies, methods, and tools for producing complex software systems with best quality standards