Software Engineering B.Sc. - Vision , Mission ,Goals and Values
Academic leadership and distinction in software engineering contributing to the development of the knowledge society locally and regionally.
The mission of the Software Engineering programme at PSUT is to supply local and international markets with highly qualified competitive IT personnel as well as prepare students for postgraduate studies and exploring research opportunities. In software engineering programme, we aim to ensure that after the completion of the academic programme, the graduates are fully equipped with knowledge required for their future careers, their self-improvement, and serving their communities.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates are applying acquired knowledge of Software Engineering in support of academia and the industry.
- Graduates make notable contributions to the development of Software Engineering field and practices with Innovation, Research and Development.
- Graduates are conducting themselves to high standards professionally and ethically as representatives and leaders in the Software Engineering and IT industry.
- Graduates are progressing well in their careers and are engaged in life-long learning via professional development and further studies.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
- Analyse a complex computing problem and apply principles of software engineering and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions
- Design, implement, evaluate, verify, and manage a software solution to meet a given set of software requirements
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in software engineering practice based on legal and ethical principles
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in software engineering activities
- Use appropriate software engineering methodologies, methods, and tools for producing complex software systems with best quality standards