- Challenges of Digital Forensic Investigation in Cloud Computing: This paper highlights some of the challenges faced the investigators during investigate crimes occurred using cloud. Also, the paper discusses some potential solutions can be applied to solve the challenges. The challenges were discussed in this paper are log files, volatile data, making forensic images, and data integrity. Safaa Hraiz (2017). “Challenges of Digital Forensic Investigation in Cloud Computing”, proceeding: The 8th International Conference on Information Technology. Jordan, AlZaytona University of Jordan. Paper link: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8080060/
- Symmetric Encryption Algorithm using Graph Representation: This paper produces a new symmetric encryption method using graph theory. This paper describes the produced method and how can be used to encrypt and decrypt the data. Safaa Hraiz, Wael Etaiwi (2017). “Symmetric Encryption Algorithm using Graph Representation”. Proceeding: The 8th International Conference on Information Technology. Jordan, Al-Zaytona University of Jordan. Paper link: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8080049/
- MSc thesis: Btrfs Forensic analysis: The thesis comes to highlight the actual behavior of Btrfs file system, provide an insight to the used data structures, and show how investigators could investigate and extract digital evidences properly from a Btrfs file system. The thesis has focused on the basic file system operations including creating a file and directory, modifying the content of the file, renaming a file, copying a file, moving a file, and finally deleting a file. Also, it has discovered the changes of the timestamps of the files and directories. It has shown when these times change and also it has shown which operation changes which timestamps. Done by: Safaa Hraiz, Dr. Ali Hadi, Prof. Sami Serhan Submitted to: International Journal of Information Security
- Structured Encryption Algorithm for text Cryptography: This is an extended paper for the accepted paper “Symmetric Encryption Algorithm using Graph Representation”. The paper studies the changes of the throughput among changing the text size. Done by: Wael Etaiwi, Safaa Hraiz Submitted to: Designs, Codes and Cryptography (DESI) Journal
PAPERS Not Published Yet
- DLL Injection in Windows Platform: This paper discusses the techniques were used to inject DLLs, the techniques were discussed in the paper are remote thread, windows hooks, using registry and synchronous procedure call. Done by: Safaa Hraiz, Dr. Ali Supervised by: Dr. Ali Hadi. Road Map to YAFFS2: YAFFS2 (Yet Another Flash File System 2) is the file system in android devices. The paper gives a road map for this file system, what YAFFS2 is, what the memory medium is used, how it creates, modifies and deletes objects and what its partitions are. Done by: Safaa Hraiz, Dr. Ali Supervised by: Dr. Ali Hadi.
- Btrfs Timestamps Anomaly Detection: This paper studies the changes of the timestamps in Btrfs file system. The paper discusses the changes under CLI and GUI transactions. It constructs rules of time in order to help the investigators detecting the anomaly situations. Done by: Safaa Hraiz, Dr. Ali Supervised by: Dr. Ali Hadi.
- Computation of Modular Multiplicative Inverses by Calculating Factors Inverse: In this paper, a new algorithm for calculating the modular multiplicative inverse number is proposed. The algorithm is based on calculating the inverse of one of the key factors, and using the result to generate the inverse. The proposed method is considered faster than other existed methods in computation of the multiplicative inverse. In comparison to Euclidian and Euler method, it has better time performance. Done by: Raghda Hraiz, Mariam Khader, Safaa Hraiz, Dr. Mustafa Fayyomi Supervised by: Dr. Mustafa Fayyomi
- Performance Evaluation for Calculating Modular Multiplicative Inverse Algorithms: In this paper, a performance evaluation for calculating modular multiplicative inverse algorithms. The research study the following algorithms: Exhaustive search, Extended Euclidian Algorithm, Stein Method, Gordon Method, Baghdad algorithm, Fast Fraction-Integer Method, Fraction-Integer Method (FIM) for Calculating Multiplicative Inverse, and Using Euler’s theorem. Done by: Raghda Hraiz, Mariam Khader, Safaa Hraiz, Salam Hamdan Dr. Mustafa Fayyomi Supervised by: Dr. Mustafa Fayyomi
- An effective heuristic algorithm for extracting maximal bipartite cliques: In this paper a new heuristic algorithm is proposed to solve maximal bipartite clique problem. The algorithm consists of two main stages. In the first stage, the problem is converted to maximal clique problem through transforming the bipartite graph to a normal graph that satisfies few restrictions. Then, all maximal cliques are extracted in the second stage. Done by: Raghda Hraiz, Safaa Hraiz, Prof. Arafat Awajan, Dr. Ghazi Al-Naymat Supervised by: Prof. Arafat Awajan, Dr. Ghazi Al-Naymat
- HDFS Logs and Metadata Correlation and Analysis: This paper provides a general approach for analyzing changes on HDFS to assist in forensic analyses. The approach track changes performed on HDFS files based on analyzing and correlating between NameNode logs and metadata. Then later these changes could be linked to a specific user or application. A Python system was developed for parsing and correlating between logs and metadata, the results are loaded into SQLite database for simpler filtering and analysis. Done by: Mariam Khader, Dr. Ali Hadi, Safaa Hraiz, Dr. Ghazi Al-Naymat Subervised by: Dr. Ghazi Al-Naymat