PSUT places great importance on the work of Public Relations and Media due to their role in conveying a bright image of the University and the active role it plays in both the local and international community. The DPRM is the best channel to create positive, more effective relationships between the University deanships, Schools, and departments.
- Monitoring the University’s development in all sectors and fields, promoting its good reputation, and assisting in the promotion of its services and ideas through introducing others to its aims, philosophy, and activities.
- Establishing the basis of understanding between PSUT and other academic and economic institutions, and strengthening its links with other local and foreign institutions through programs and mutual visits, holding conferences and exhibitions, and participating in a wide range of events in different fields.
- Promoting strong and exemplary relations between the University administration and its employees, in order to achieve the highest awareness of the University’s environment and its message.
The vision of Public Relations is embodied in the ongoing efforts to promote the positive image of PSUT, and present its activities and achievements to the community by modern means, and keeping up-to-date with constantly changing technologies and media outlets that support the process of the preparation of the institution’s future plans.
The mission of DPRP is to define and highlight the scientific and academic status of PSUT, and strengthen its links with the local community in various ways. DPRP plays an effective role in communicating between internal University departments, in addition to forging links with other institutions and regional and international administrative bodies.
Moreover, it carries out the necessary procedures to arrange and hold academic events such as seminars and conferences, and extra-curricular activities such as exhibitions and sports tournaments. The Department is also responsible for facilitating the reception of official delegations and extending the appropriate hospitality services. With regard to media activities, DPRP is active in coordinating with media outlets, including radio, television and news agencies, in order to achieve good media coverage for events that are either organized by the University or those that it is invited to. Great care is taken in the prompt preparation of news reports and articles covering the details of these activities.
The ultimate goal of the DPRP is to establish the good reputation and positive image that will raise the University’s standing by playing a coordinating role between various parties.
This goal can be achieved through the effect of its different activities and programs. The duties that DPRP performs in order to achieve that are as follows:
- Receiving foreign delegations and academic exchange parties, which is an area of increasing importance to the University. The department receives foreign delegations and extends hospitality, accompanying them and preparing their itinerary.
- Coordinating with the concerned bodies at the University to arrange conferences and seminars, in particular:
- Booking travel tickets.
- Making hotel reservations.
- Receiving and meeting guests.
- Booking & preparing the halls for conferences.
- Prepare any required printed material, and providing stationery.
- Making restaurant reservations.
- Issuing and publishing printed publications, brochures, booklets, cards, posters, banners, and promotional materials, and introductory documentaries used to spread PSUT’s excellent image on both the domestic and international scene.
- Monitoring what is published about PSUT in local newspapers, visual and audible media, and magazines, in addition to news articles about other universities and scientific research news. The department prepares a daily press report and presents it to the relevant bodies within the University.
- Covering University events, preparing press reports and sending them to the newspapers, magazines, radio, and television channels to cast a light on the events that are hosted and attended by PSUT staff and students.
- Strengthen relations with media outlets and inviting them to attend the events and special occasions that happen at PSUT.
- Issuing the PSUT Journal.
- Receiving guests to the University, facilitating their accommodation, and bringing their attention to the University’s outstanding reputation.
- Performing all the necessary procedures involved when faculty members and administrative staff travel on behalf of the University, such as organizing transport and accommodation.
- Participating in the organization of graduation parties, ceremonies, and different occasions.
- Strengthening relations with various support bodies. The DPRP serves by contacting the external bodies that provide the University with financial support to carry out its future projects, and highlighting its role in community service in order to gain the financial support that is needed to realize its message.
- In order to ensure that mutual visits with students from other universities and schools achieve their academic and cultural aims, DPRP is involved in receiving the student delegations to the University.
- Connecting the University and its specialized academic centers with the tourism sector in Petra, Aqaba, and Jerash by arranging delegation visits, and publishing in promotional materials and brochures by contacting the Jordan Tourism Board.
- Documenting all PSUT events through still photography and video, and archiving them for future reference.
- Preparing, following up, updating, and checking official invitation lists for different PSUT events.
- Providing awards and prizes for different occasions and events.
- Preparing greeting cards and replying to them in important and official events.
- Participating in the receiving and orientation of new students.
- Issuing and mailing visitors’ passes to students who wish to enroll at the University, and providing a list of visiting students to the security guards at the entrance gates.
- Organizing visas, work permits and accommodation for non-Jordanian teaching faculty members.
- Issuing residence permits for non-Jordanian students.
- Certifying the documents of students transferring to PSUT from other universities.
- Replying to inquiries from students and their parents who are residents of other countries.
- Obtaining visas for faculty members and administrative staff and following up the preparation of necessary documents.
DPRP seeks to make a useful contribution in shining the spotlight on PSUT’s academic and educational identity in the appropriate manner, in keeping with the education policy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and in a way which utilizes current technological advancements. With the guidance of HRH Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, PSUT’s vision is to be a pioneer in ICT and Business specializations. Moreover, PSUT puts the focus on encouraging creativity in its students, thus providing the labor market with highly-qualified, skilled students prepared to enter the domestic market and carry the country forward into the future.