Functions and Responsibilities of the Office:
1. To examine, evaluate and improve the efficiency and adequacy of internal auditing systems, risk management and institutional steering at the University.
2. To review existing work systems and procedures to verify their conformity with the laws, regulations, policies, methodologies and plans developed, and determine their adequacy and degree of compliance.
3- To verify the soundness of financial and accounting procedures and their correct application in accordance with financial facts by adopting the accepted standards in internal auditing and control.
4. To examine the means used to protect assets and verify their actual existence.
5. To ensure compliance with the regulations, instructions, plans and procedures approved by the University’s Board of Trustees.
6. To evaluate available resources to ensure that they are optimally utilized.
7- To verify the integrity of the University’s admissions and registration procedures and to apply them in a manner consistent with the University's rules and regulations, as well as in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Ministry of Higher Education.
8- To provide opinions, advice and recommendations regarding the development and updating of the University’s work systems and procedures in order to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.