Cyber Security B.Sc. -Vision, Mission ,Goals and Values
Excellence and leadership in the educational, professional and research fields of cybersecurity at the regional and global level. A commitment to effectively meet the needs of the society.
Preparing cybersecurity professionals in both academic and industrial settings capable of leading, designing and developing various projects in different areas of cybersecurity, by providing a distinguished and high-quality program that focuses on integrating scientific theories and practical training to develop programs and applications, to innovate in scientific research, to provide the required security services to individuals and to public and private institutions in the Kingdom, and to contribute to the development of society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Students will acquire the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for the analysis of Cybersecurity problems and the subsequent design of appropriate solutions using best practices that will enable them to be distinguished and innovative and to acquire top positions in the job market.
- Students will apply cutting-edge solutions within a professional, legal and ethical framework and will operate effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Students will practice continued, self-learning to keep their knowledge and skills up to date and to remain abreast of the latest developments in cybersecurity.
- Students will demonstrate readiness to commence postgraduate studies in cybersecurity and related fields.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
- Ability to analyze complex computational problems and to apply principles of computing and related technologies to specify solutions.
- Ability to design and implement computing based solutions according to a set of cybersecurity requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary, professional context.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Ability to apply principles and practices of security on the environment, device, software and human aspects related to solutions.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate systems reliability in risk and threat environments.