PhD Program in Computer Science - About
PhD Program in Computer Science
This program is expected to be a four year program leading to the degree of Doctorate of Philosophy in Computer Science. The program is hosted by the Department of Computer Science at the King Hussein School of Computing Sciences and is fully accredited by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education. The main objectives of the program are the preparation of PhD holders that are highly-qualified as academics and researchers in the field of Computer Science and related areas, and providing an opportunity for study to potential candidates from Jordan and countries in the region who wish to pursue graduate studies but are prevented from studying abroad due to financial or personal reasons.
The requirements for this degree are 54 credit hours, distributed as follows:
- Compulsory requirements:
a. Coursework: 21 credit hours.
b. Dissertation: 18 credit hours.
- Elective requirements: 15 credit hours.
A comprehensive examination is required after the students finish the compulsory courses. The program is based on the course work and research approach.
Applicants for this program should fulfill the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related field such as Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Graphic Design, with a rating of at least Good or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related field such as Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Graphic Design, with a rating of at least Very Good or equivalent.
- English language proficiency, as required by the Jordanian Accreditation Commission.
Teaching Assistantships will be provided to students admitted to the program. These Assistantships will cover tuition fees in addition to a reasonable monthly stipend.
- Tuition fees: 300 Jordanian Dinars per credit hour (1 JD ≈ 1.5 US dollars)
- Fees: 500 JD per semester
- Application Fee: 100 JD
- Living Expenses: Variable