About the Training Unit
The Center for Consultancy and Training was established in 2009 as a specialized center that works on the planning and presentation of courses teaching everything involved with computer applications and providing training in the different disciplines offered by the University. The Center supervises specialized training related to the University's academic activities to prepare graduates for the labor market by obtaining professional certificates in specialized fields.
The Center holds various courses as a service to the local community and carries out specialized training for government institutions and departments. The Center is the nucleus of specialized consulting work to capitalize on the acquired experience and the focused knowledge of faculty members and to channel them to keep pace with the labor market. The Center aims to provide excellent services in the field of ICT, training and consulting in line with the University's vision, mission and objectives. The Center consists of the Training Unit and the Consultancy Unit, and will be expanded to open other units in the future.
The Center for Consultancy and Training aims to achieve PSUT’s objectives in the service of the Jordanian society in particular and the Arab community in general, by carrying out the following duties:
1. Holding specialized courses to serve the local community.
2. Preparing participants to obtain professional licensed certificates in certain disciplines.
3. Holding courses in government and semi-governmental institutions in fields related to IT, Communications, Engineering, and Business Management.
4. Contracting with distinguished training companies to carry out their activities through the University, which enjoys an excellent academic reputation.
5. Organizing training courses and workshops, in order to develop the participants’ capabilities, expertise and academic and professional qualifications.
6. Contributing to the development of human resources through the holding of courses, workshops, educational programs and special examinations to build and develop the technical capabilities of members of the workforce. Furthermore, the Center works on developing the technical capabilities of the University’s employees in order to expand the University's potential in providing services to the community. The ultimate aim is to invest the capabilities and energies of the qualified academic and technical staff present within the University, with the concentration on providing specialized courses to enable the University’s students and employees, as well as the local community, to keep abreast of and capable of handling all of the latest advancements in the technology field.
7. Keeping abreast of scientific and technical developments in all fields and presenting them in the best possible manner.
8. Utilizing local creative energies, capabilities and human resources in carrying out the Center's programs and activities.
9. Monitoring the type and quality of training courses.
10. The Center also prepares graduates of the University to compete in the labor market by providing them with the necessary skills, along with crucial support, training and opportunities to earn qualifications, and giving an overall awareness of the demands of the labor market.