Dr. Tahat earned his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Electrical Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, IL, USA, with emphasis on electronics and circuits. He received a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the same university in 2002, with a focus on communications and signal processing. Dr. Tahat joined PSUT in 2005 as an Assistant Professor, later being promoted to Associate Professor. He participated in establishing the Department of Communications Engineering, and served as Head of the department from 2010 to 2012. He has also performed consultations for local industrial partners. In 2015, Dr. Tahat conducted research on wireless cellular network geo-localization systems at the Electrical Engineering Department of the École de Technologie Supérieure (ETS) in collaboration with Octasic Inc. in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Prior to that, he worked as a research scientist with the Department of Software Engineering and IT at ETS to develop a network security tool based on machine learning and data-mining theory and principles. From 2012 to 2013, he was a Visiting Professor with McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada, in the Telecommunications and Signal Processing Laboratory of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, conducting research on modern wireless communications systems (such as the 3GPP LTE-A). From 2002 to 2003, he was an Adjunct Professor and a Post-Doctoral Researcher at IIT, Chicago, USA. Before completing his doctoral studies, he was with Lucent Technologies Inc. (Alcatel-Lucent) on first generation ADSL modem prototypes. He was also a member of the technical staff at 3Com Corporation in Illinois, USA, at the voice-band modem research and development group of the Personal Communications Division. Dr. Tahat is a Senior Member of Eta Kappa Nu and a member of Tau Beta Pi honor societies.
كلية الملك عبدالله الثاني للهندسة
- A Look at the Recent Wireless Positioning Techniques with a Focus on Algorithms for Moving Receivers, A Tahat, G Kaddoum, S Yousefi, S Valaee, F Gagnon, IEEE Access 4 (DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2016.2606486), PP. 6652 - 6680, 2016.
- Channel Estimation Using Subspace Decomposition for SC-FDMA Systems, C D'Amours, B Champagne, A Dahmane, A Tahat, IEEE 80th Vehicular Technology Conference, Vancouver, Canada. 2014
- Blood Pressure Measurement and Management Telemedicine System Based on a Smart-Phone. A Tahat, Y Kheetan, A Sacca, International Journal of Online Engineering 9 (5), 2013
- Subspace Decomposition Approach to Multi-User MIMO Channel Estimation in SC-FDE Systems, A Tahat, B Champagne, C D'Amours, Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 2013. PIMRC 2013. IEEE, 2013.
- Enhanced Practical Wireless Communications Education via Blended Instructional Tools. A Tahat, A Jamal, M Kalbouneh, iJIM 7 (2), 63-72, 2013.
- LTE-A Down-Link Performance Analysis Deploying Different MIMO Antenna Configurations, A Tahat, S Al-Kokhon, IEEE Standards Education eMagazine, 1-8, 2013.
- Statistical tuning of Walfisch-Ikegami propagation model using particle swarm optimization, A Tahat, M Taha, 2012 19th IEEE Symposium on Communications and Vehicular Technology Benelux, 8 2012
- Blending of learning tools for enhanced practical wireless communications education,
A Tahat, A Jamal, M Kalbouneh, H Jaber, Interactive Mobile and Computer Aided Learning (IMCL), 2012 International, 1 2012
- Android-based universal vehicle diagnostic and tracking system, A Tahat, A Said, F Jaouni, W Qadamani, Consumer Electronics (ISCE), 2012 IEEE 16th International Symposium on, pp. 137-143,33 2012
- Design of an integrated mobile system to measure blood pressure,
A Tahat, A Sacca, Y Kheetan, 2011 18th IEEE Symposium on Communications and Vehicular Technology in the Benelux, 4 2011.
- Analysis of propagation models at 2.1 GHz for simulation of a live 3G cellular network,
AA Tahat, YA Alqudah, Wireless Advanced (WiAd), 2011, 164-169,5 2011.
- Channel estimation in a DMT based power-line communication system using sparse Bayesian regression, AA Tahat, NP Galatsanos Proc. Int. Conf. Robotics, Control and Manufacturing Technology, 104-109, 2 2011.
- Path loss and propagation models at 3.5 GHz using deployed WiMAX network
- YA Alqudah, A Tahat, The International Conference on Information Networking 2011 (ICOIN2011), 301-305, 19 2011.
- Solar Energy Water Heater Remote Monitoring and Control System, A Tahat, M Abukhalaf, O Elmuhesen, Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), 6 2011.
- A matrix scheme to extrapolation and interpolation for a 4G MIMO OFDM system, AA Tahat, Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC 2010-Fall), 2010 IEEE 72nd, 1-5, 3 2010.
- Relevance vector machines for DMT based systems, AA Tahat, NP Galatsanos, Electronics, Communications and Computer (CONIELECOMP), 1 2010.
- Relevance vector machines for enhanced BER probability in DMT-based systems, AA Tahat, NP Galatsanos, Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering 2010, 26, 3 2010.
- A wireless ranging system for the blind long-cane utilizing a smart-phone, AA Tahat, Telecommunications, 2009. ConTEL 2009. 10th International Conference on, 111-117, 14 2009.
- Body temperature and electrocardiogram monitoring using an SMS-based telemedicine system AA Tahat, Wireless Pervasive Computing, 2009. ISWPC 2009. 4th International Symposium, 6 2009.
- Mobile messaging services-based personal electrocardiogram monitoring system, AA Tahat, International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications 2009, 4.