Dr. George Sammour is an assistant professor in Business informatics at the MIS department at Princess Sumaya University for technology (PSUT). He received his BSc in Computer Science from PSUT in 1997 and received his PhD in Business Informatics from Hasselt University, Belgium in 2012. Dr. Sammour’s research interests are Data mining and predictive models validation, process models performance analysis, activity-based forecasting models, E-learning and knowledge management. He published more than 20 research articles in International peer reviewed journals and meetings. He currently co-supervise two PhD students at Hasselt University, Belgium and one Master student at PSUT. In addition, Dr. Sammour has extensive experience in building academic programs according to international standards; he serves as an academic programs consultant at KIC in Abu Dhabi since 2012. He is the also the AACSB accreditation coordinator for the Business Technology School at PSUT. He is a member of the higher committee for managing the Enterprise System Engineering joint master program between PSUT and the German Jordanian University (GJU), and the head on the Business Information Technology program development committee at PSUT. He has also been involved in four European projects, MS.ESE project with Oldenburg University, Germany, INVENT project with Leipzig University, Germany, MedForist project with Grenoble Ecole De Management, France, OpenMed, Project with Torino polytechnic University, Italy. In addition, he is the coordinator of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) project in collaboration with Barcelona University, Spain. Recently, he has been the coordinator of an Erasmus+ exchange project for staff and students with Hasselt University, Belgium, PSUT and GJU in Jordan. Currently, Dr. Sammour serves as the director of the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Center at PSUT.
Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation Centre
King Talal School of Business Technology
Business Information Technology
- George Sammour, Koen Vanhoof (2018). A Validation Measure for Computational Scheduler Activity-Based Transportation Models Based on Sequence Alignment Methods. Published in transportation Planning and Technology, XX(X), p.
- George Sammour ,Benoit Depaire ,Koen Vanhoof , (2017 ) " A Low-Risk Experiments for Customer Segments of E-Mail Marketing Campgains: A Business Intelligence Approach " , International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS) , pp. 41-47, Volume-3,Issue-3
- SAMMOUR, George; Bellemans, Tom; Vanhoof, Koen; Janssens, Davy & Wets, Geert (2016). Investigating the predictive performance of computational process activity-based transportation models. Published In: transportation Planning and Technology, Volume-39, Issue 6, p. 1-23.
- SAMMOUR, George; Bellemans, Tom; Vanhoof, Koen; Janssens, Davy & Wets, Geert (2012). The usefulness of the sequence alignment methods in validating rule-based models. Published In: TRANSPORTATION, Volume-39, Issue 4, p. 773-789.
- SCHREURS, Jeanne; GELAN, Anouk & SAMMOUR, George (2009). e-Learning readiness in organisations. Case healthcare. Published In: International Journal of Advanced Corporate Learning, 2(2). p. 34-39.
- SCHREURS, Jeanne; Dalle, R. & SAMMOUR, George (2009). Authoring systems delivering reusable learning objects. Published In: The International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 4(Sp. Iss.). p. 37-42.
- SCHREURS, Jeanne; Ehlers, Ulf & SAMMOUR, George (2008). E-learning readiness analysis (ERA): An ehealth case study of e-learning readiness. Published In: International Journal of Knowledge and Learning, 4(5). p. 496-508. [Article - cat: A1 - Validation: vabb 2010].
- SAMMOUR, George; SCHREURS, Jeanne; Al-Zoubi, A.Y. & VANHOOF, Koen (2008). Knowledge management and e-learning in professional development. Published In: International Journal of Knowledge and Learning, 4(5). p. 465-477. [Article - cat: A1 - Validation: vabb 2010].
- Al-Zoubi, A.Y SAMMOUR, George, Qasem M Al-Zoubi, Utilization of Tablet PCs in Electromagnetics Education, published in The International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET),, Vol 2, No 2 (2007) http://online-journals.org/i-jet/issue/view/6.
- SAMMOUR, George, Elearning Systems Based on the Semantic Web, , published in The International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), Vol1 No.1 (2006) http://online-journals.org/i-jet/issue/view/1.
- Books and Book Chapters
- SAMMOUR, George & Debatista, M., Edited by: Dr. Dogac A. & Akay B, E-commerce Solutions & Applications in Mediterranean Hotels, a case study, Published in the book: Rising to the Digital Challenge: Lessons from Mediterranean Enterprises, http://medforist.grenoble-em.com/Book1.htm , 2005.
- Proceedings Paper
- Lina I Sharawi, George Sammour, Hamzah Qabbaah, Koen Vanhoof (2017), Development of Customs Prediction Model for Online Ordering, The International Conference on new Trends in Computing Sciences (ICTCS), p. 94-97, October 11-13, 2017 Amman, Jordan.
- Lina I Sharawi, George Sammour (2017), Utilization of data visualization for knowledge discovery in modern logistic service companies, Sensors Networks Smart and Emerging Technologies (SENSET), p. 1-4, September 12-14, 2017 Beirut, Lebanon.
- AZ Alghzawi, G. Nápoles, G. Sammour, K. Vanhoof (2017), Forecasting Social Security Revenues in Jordan Using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps, International Conference on Intelligent Decision Technologies, p. 246-254, June, 2017.
- George Sammour, Abdallah Al-Zoubi, Anatoly Gladun, Katerina Khala, Jeanne Schreurs (2015). MOOCs in universities: Intelligent model for delivering online learning content. IEEE Seventh International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Information Systems (ICICIS), p. 166-171, December 12-14 Cairo, Egypt.
- George Sammour, Abdallah Al-Zoubi, Anatoly Gladun, Katerina Khala, Jeanne Schreurs (2015). Semantic web and ontologies for personalisation of learning in MOOCs. IEEE Seventh International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Information Systems (ICICIS), p. 183-186 December 12-14, Cairo, Egypt.
- SAMMOUR, George; Bellemans, Tom; Vanhoof, Koen; Janssens, Davy & Wets, Geert (2012). Usefulness of sequence alignment methods in valudating rule-based activity-based models. In: TRB 91st Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers DVD, p. 1-17. [Article - cat: C1].
- SCHREURS, Jeanne; SAMMOUR, George & Dalle, R. (2009). Authoring systems delivering reusable learning objects. In: The Fourth International Conference on Interactive Mobile and Computer Aided Learning. [cat: C1]
- SAMMOUR, George; SCHREURS, Jeanne & VANHOOF, Koen (2009). Data mining and marketing approach to track customer movements. In: Euromedia ‘2009. p. 5-9. [cat: C1 - Validation: ecoom 2010].
- HUSTINX, W.; SCHREURS, Jeanne & SAMMOUR, George (2009). Personalisation of E-learning courses. In: Euromedia ‘2009. p. 80-87. [Conference Paper - cat: C1].
- SAMMOUR, George; DEPAIRE, Benoit; VANHOOF, Koen & WETS, Geert (2009). Identifying homogenous customer segments for low risk email marketing experiments. In: José Cordeiro, Joaquim Filipe (Ed.) Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems. p. 89-94. [cat: C1].
- SCHREURS, Jeanne; SAMMOUR, George & GELAN, Anouk (2009). E-learning readines in organisations, the case of hospitals. In: 8th International Conference on Web-based Learning, ICWL, RWTH Aachen University August 2009. [cat: C2].
- SAMMOUR, George; SCHREURS, Jeanne; Al-Zoubi, A.Y. & VANHOOF, Koen (2008). Knowledge management and e-learning in professional development. In: Lytras, Miltiadis a.o. (Ed.) CCIS Series: The open knowledge society; A computer Science and information systems manifesto. (CCIS Series) [cat: C1].
- SCHREURS, Jeanne; SAMMOUR, George & Ehlers, Ulf (2008). ERA- E-learning readiness analysis. A eHealth case study of e-learning readiness. In: Lytras, M. & Carroll, J.M. & Damiani, E. & Avison, D. & Vossen, G. & OrdonezDePablos, P. (Ed.) The Open Knowledge Society: A Computer Science And Information Systems Manifesto. p. 267-275. (COMMUNICATIONS IN COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE, 19) [cat: C1 - Validation: ecoom 2008].
- SAMMOUR, George; SCHREURS, Jeanne; Zoubi, A.Y. & VANHOOF, Koen (2008). Knowledge Management and eLearning in Professional Development. In: Lytras, MD. & Carroll, JM. (Ed.) OPEN KNOWLEDGE SOCIETY: A COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANIFESTO. p. 178-183. (COMMUNICATIONS IN COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SCIENCE) [Proceedings Paper - cat: C1 - Validation: ecoom 2008].
- SAMMOUR, George, Arafat Awajan, A PROPOSED QUALITY ASSURANCE SYSTEM (QAS) FOR E-LEARNIG SOLUTIONS, The First International E-Business Conference IEBC 2005 Tunisia, 23-25 June, 2005.
- SAMMOUR, George. Qaryouti, M. shareef, K. Kaabneh, Heuristic Search on Encrypted Data (HSED), The first international Conference on E-Business and E-Learning (EBEL 05) Proceedings, P.240, 23-24 may 2005, Amman, Jordan.