Dr. Majd Batarseh received her B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Jordan in 2004, followed by M.S.E.E. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Central Florida, Orlando, in 2006 and 2010, respectively. She is currently serving as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Power and Energy Engineering at the Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Amman Jordan, where she teaches Electrical Engineering courses and conducts research focusing on power electronics and renewable energy systems, mainly solar and photo voltaic. Her research interests include pulse width modulation techniques in power electronics, PV systems, renewable energy systems and smart grids.
Head of Department Computer Engineering Department
King Abdullah II School of Engineering
- “A Non-Isolated Half Bridge Buck- Based Converter for VRM Application and Small Signal Modeling of a Non-Conventional Two Phase Buck.” MS Thesis, Majd G. Batarseh, University of Central Florida, 2006.
- “Digital Pulse Width Modulator Techniques for DC–DC Converter.” PhD Dissertation, Majd G. Batarseh, University of Central Florida, 2010.
- Ayman Faza, Majd Batarseh and Wejdan Abu-Elhaija, “Upgrading power and energy engineering curricula in Jordanian universities: A case study at PSUT”, International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education. (to appear).
- Ahmad Shboul; Ibrahim Safi; Sirin Alhawamdeh; Majd Ghazi Batarseh, “Discussing single phase PWM voltage source inverters with different frequency modulation factors” in Proc. IEEE 4th International Symposium on Environmental Friendly Energies and Applications (EFEA), 2016, pages: 1 - 5
- Batarseh, M.G., Shobaki E., Batarseh I., “A Dynamic Linearly–Shifted, Fixed–Slope Digital–Ramp Control Technique for Improved Transient Response in DC – DC Converters” in Proc IEEE 4th International Conference on Electric Power and Energy Conversion Systems (EPECS), 2015, pp 1-6, November 2015
- Batarseh, M G, (2015) “Components of Electric Energy Systems” in Raquel Zanol (Ed), “Electric Renewable Energy Systems”, (pp. 21 – 39). London: ELSEVIER
- Akram Abu Aisheh, Batarseh, M G, (2015) “DC – DC Converters” in Raquel Zanol (Ed), “Electric Renewable Energy Systems”, (pp. 337 – 352). London: ELSEVIER
- Siri, K.; Chen, F.; Batarseh, M., “Unified maximum power tracking among distributed power sources”, in Proc IEEE 29th Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2014, pp 2985 – 2992, March 2014
- Batarseh, M.G.; Shobaki, E.; Xiang Fang; Haibing Hu; Batarseh, I., “New Digital Control Technique for Improving Transient Response in DC–DC Converters” in Proc IEEE 13th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design: Architectures, Methods and Tools (DSD), 2010 , pp 793 – 796, September 2010
- Zhijun Qian; Abdel-Rahman, O.; Hamilton, C.; Batarseh, M.; Batarseh, I., “An integrated four-port converter for compact and efficient hybrid powersystems”, in Proc IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2010, pp : 2207 – 2210, May – June 2010
- Batarseh, M.G.; Al-Hoor, W.; Huang, L.; Iannello, C.; Batarseh, I., “Window-Masked Segmented Digital Clock Manager- FPGA Based Digital Pulse Width Modulator Technique”, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Volume 24, Issue 11, 2009 Page(s): 2649 – 2660.
- Batarseh, M.G.; Al-Hoor, W.; Haibing H., Huang L. and Batarseh I., “Dynamic DC Ramp Shift Digital Control Technique for Improved Transient Response” in Proc. IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, ECCE 2009, pp. 3536–3543, September 2009.
- Batarseh, M.G.; Al-Hoor, W.; Huang, L.; Iannello, C.; Batarseh, I., “Segmented Digital Clock Manager- FPGA based Digital Pulse Width Modulator Technique”, in Proc IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 2008, pp. 3036–3042, June 2008.
- Abu-Qahouq, J.; Batarseh, M.; Huang, L.; Batarseh, I., “Analysis and Small Signal Modeling of a Non-Uniform Multiphase Buck Converter”, in Proc. IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 2007, pp. 961–967, June 2007.
- Batarseh, M.; Xiangcheng Wang; Batarseh, I.; “Non-isolated Half Bridge Buck Based Converter for VRM Application”, in Proc. IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, PESC 2007, pp. 2393–2398, June 2007.
- Xiangcheng Wang; Hua Zhou; Batarseh, M.; Batarseh, I.; Chickamenahalli, S.A.; Stanford, E. “Active transient voltage compensator design for VR load line improvement”, in Proc. IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, APEC pp. 6, March 2006.