Dr. Ali Hadi is currently serving as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science, Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), Jordan. He is a Senior Level Information Security Officer with 14+ years of professional experience working for different highly-reputable companies. Since 2007, he has been teaching different computer security, digital forensics, and networking courses. He's also an author, speaker, and instructor. His research interests include digital forensics, penetration testing, operating systems internals, malware analysis, and network security.
King Hussein School of Computing Sciences
- MLDED: Multi-Layer Data Exfiltration Detection System. Mohammad Allawi, Ali Hadi, Arafat Awajan. IEEE Xplore, The Fourth International Conference on Cyber Security, Cyber Warfare, and Digital Forensic (CyberSec2015), Oct 2015.
- Ultrasurf Traffic Classification: Detection and Prevention. Al-Qura’n, R. , Hadi, A. , Atoum, J. and Al-Zewairi, M. International Journal of Communications, Network and System Sciences, Vol. 8, 304-311, 2015.
- Enhanced Analysis Method for Suspicious PDF Files, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Suleiman J. Khitan, Ali Hadi, Jalal Atoum, Vol. 15 No. 5 pp. 32-38.
- A Model for Detecting Tor Encrypted Traffic using Supervised Machine Learning. Alaeddin Almubayed, Ali Hadi, Jalal Atoum, PP.10-23, Pub. Date: 2015-6-8, DOI: 10.5815/ijcnis.2015.07.02.
- A Novel Approach Covert Channel for Secret Communications. Mariam Khader, Ali Hadi, Jalal Atoum. International Journal of Computers and Technology, Vol. 12 No. 2 pp5479-5486.
- "Network Security Using Hybrid Port Knocking". Hussein Al-Bahadili, Ali Hadi. IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol. 10 No. 8 pp. 8-12.
- Securing public services using Tariq. Ali Hadi. Hakin9, pp. , May 2010.
Conferences and Speaks
- Covert Communication Using Port Knocking. Mariam Khader, Ali Hadi, Amjad Hudaib. Cybersecurity & Cyberforensics Conference 2016, Amman/Jordan.
- Windows Forensic Investigations using PowerForensics Tool. Akram Barakat, Ali Hadi. Cybersecurity & Cyberforensics Conference 2016, Amman/Jordan.
- Reviewing and Evaluating Existing File Carving Techniques for JPEG Files. Esra’a Alshammary, Ali Hadi. Cybersecurity & Cyberforensics Conference 2016, Amman/Jordan.
- A Preliminary Analysis of Drive-by Email Attacks in Educational Institutes. Ja'far Alqatawna, Ali Hadi, Malek Al-Zwairi, Mariam Khader. Cybersecurity & Cyberforensics Conference 2016, Amman/Jordan.
- Digital Forensics: what, why, and how?, Software Quality in Jordan 2015, Royal Scientific Society (RSS), Amman/Jordan, 5-Oct-2015.
- Hunt or be Hunted!!!: Enhancing Your Enterprise doing VA and PenTesting, Information Security Electronic Transactions Forum, Amman/Jordan,7-8 Apr-2015.
- Under Your Radar (UYR), Black Hat Asia Arsenal, Singapore, March 2015.
Books / Chapters in Books
- A Hybrid Port-Knocking Technique for Host Authentication Chapter in the IT Policy and Ethics: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications Book. Publisher: IGI-Global, February 2013
- Network Security Chapter in the Simulation in Computer Network Design and Modeling: Use and Analysis Book. Publisher: IGI-Global, February 2012.
Articles / White Papers
- Check the following URL.
- HTID, Hacking Techniques and Intrusion Detection, 2012.