Vision, Mission and Goals
King Talal Faculty of Business and Technology (KTFBT) was established in 2006 to offer specialized programs designed using a non-traditional methodology that focuses on the requirements of modern technology in all fields. KTFBT operates in line with international, academic, industrial and economic criteria, placing our business college on a par with reputable business schools around the region. KTFBT is prepared to develop faculties and administrative leaders who are able to achieve prosperity in Jordan and the Arab region.
KTFBT offers academic programs at the bachelor level, with majors offered in: Management Information Systems (MIS), the first department created in the college since 2006, Business Information Technology (BIT), a new program which will start in 2015L2016, Business Administration (BA) since 2009, Accounting since 2010, and E-Marking and Social Media (EMSM) since 2012. KTFBT also offers Masters' Degree in Business Entrepreneurship (MBE). The MBE program is considered the first program established in Jordan and the region in cooperation with the European Union through the Tempus program. Our business college is characterized by signing several specialized cooperation agreements with international universities such as the British Lancaster University and the University of Hasselt in Belgium. The business college has been accredited locally by the Higher Education Accreditation Commission (HEAC) in 2008, after which it aspired to attain membership at the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in February 2014.
KTFBT considers the comprehensive quality assurance as one of the most modern management concepts that is applied because it believes that it is an entrance to the development of academic work. In addition, the comprehensive quality assurance is considered as integrated system that achieves satisfaction to stakeholders in the college, university, and society; exploit of the human, material and moral resources available at best possible use; absorb the technology; develop the College; and understand the international, regional and local environment.
To be one of the best business and technology schools in Jordan and in the region.
Seeking to graduate qualified and well-prepared professionals in the business and technology fields, ready to compete, acquire skills, and satisfy the job market needs through pursuing excellence in teaching, scientific research, and community service.
KTFBT's commitment to excellence is reflected in its following objectives:
- Graduating qualified professionals through attracting outstanding students and providing them with high quality education. Adhere to business ethics and technological intelligence and able to compete in the job market.
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining talented staff and students in addition to supporting their productivity and ongoing development.
- Ensuring the constant development of the education process, quality assurance, and quality of academic programs in accordance with the Higher Education Accreditation Commission (HEAC) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) quality standards.
- Encouraging the promotion, support, and improvement of the scientific research policy in the college, to foster innovation, creativity and conduct applied research.
- Contributing to the development and strengthen the relation with the local community and achieve the integration between the educational and local environments.
- Seeking operational excellence by developing self-assessment procedures and quality assurance, and apply quality standards effectively on academic and administrative levels.
KTFBT values are:
- Respect, Diversity and Pluralism: Providing a high level of service to fellow members at the PSUT community and treating every stakeholder with dignity.
- Integrity and Ethics: Safeguarding realism and commitment to professional ethics at all times and building relationships based on mutual trust both inside and outside the University through a commitment to honestly and integrity.
- Professionalism: Taking appropriate actions to ensure the continuous advancement and/or improvement in one’s academic or professional discipline as an individual contributor, as a team member, and/or as an organizational leader.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Promoting teamwork and cooperation to accomplish cross-faculty goals and objectives.
- Innovation and Flexibility: Provides and/or encourages new ideas that could make the college better organization. Open to, and adapts well to change.
- Social Responsibility: Expressing care and understanding towards the broader community in addition to the stewardship of environmental and public resources.
- Life-long Learning: Instilling passion and appreciation for knowledge through acknowledging that learning facilitates achievement and success in life at both the personal and professional levels, and recognizing cultural diversity and its significant role in the development of individuals and the broader community.