The Student Support Fund at Princess Sumaya University for Technology offers grants to needy undergraduate students at the University. All grants for such students shall be disbursed according to the cumulative average, provided that they meet the specified requirements of this program.
The conditions of application for a grant from the Student Support Fund are as follows:
1. The financial status of the student benefiting from the grant does not allow him/her to pay university fees.
2. The student applying for a grant is a full-time, regular student at the University.
3. The student has not been subject to any disciplinary sanctions, from a warning to a more serious sanction, during the two semesters previous to the semester in which the application for the grant is submitted. The summer semester is not counted as a semester when considering the duration of two semesters.
4. The cumulative average of the student in any semester shall not be less than (68%). The summer semester shall not be counted as a semester for this purpose.
5. New students are excluded from the requirements of (3) and (4).
6. A new student shall have an average score in the secondary school certificate, or its equivalent, of not less than 80%.
7. If the student's grant is withdrawn as a result of his/her cumulative average falling below 68%, he/she may apply for to have the grant reinstated in the semester following that in which the required average is achieved.
8. In the event of the death of the person who supports the student financially during the period of study at the University, the student may apply for assistance from the Student Support Fund committee and be granted a percentage of the total registered credit hour fees according to the following conditions:
a. Death of the breadwinner provided that this is confirmed by duly certified official certificate.
b. The student has successfully completed at least one semester.
c. The student is given this grant from the beginning of the semester following the semester in which the breadwinner died.
9. The student benefits from this grant for a period specified by the Committee.
10. Student support does not apply to repeated subjects, or to those subjects taken by the benefiting student from outside his/her study plan, and the student must bear the cost of the credit hours in these cases.
11. The grant awarded to the student shall not exceed 75% of the total cost of the registered credit hours.
12. The grant from the Student Support Fund may be combined with any other grant or incentive, provided that the total does not exceed 100% of the total credit hour fees.
13. Fund grants to students are reviewed at the beginning of each academic year. The Committee may consider applications submitted for the first time between the two semesters.
14. If any information or documents submitted to the University are found to be untrue or incorrect, the student undertakes to abide by the following:
a. To repay all amounts of support provided by the University.
b. To accept legal responsibility before the University or any related third party.
The required documents to apply for a grant from the Student Support Fund:
• A certified copy of the Family Notebook.
• A document showing the combined income of all family members.
• A bank statement showing all family accounts for the period of one year.
• A document showing the parents’ salary from the Social Security Corporation.
• A document showing the parents’ salary from the Retirement and Compensations Directorate.
• A certificate from the Department of Land and Surveys showing any immovable property belonging to the parents and the student.