The Supplies Section is a vital artery within the University, bearing the responsibility of providing all other departments, sections and units with their needs and requirements, from construction materials to the educational supplies (equipment and tools) necessary for each of the various fields and disciplines. Supplies should be provided in the appropriate quantities at the right time, meeting the required specifications and desired quality standards while purchasing at the lowest possible prices, in coordination with the relevant parties at the University. The Section purchases supplies from companies and contractors according to the procurement mechanism and in line with the rules and regulations governing supplies and works at the University.
- To provide the University with high quality supplies in accordance with required quality standards.
- To ensure the availability of supplies, continuity of flow and efficiency.
- To develop databases and computerized systems to monitor the use of supplies at the University, as well as facilitating inventory-keeping through coding and accurate recording.
- To develop the skills of the Section staff to keep up with modern management systems.
Mission: The responsibilities of the Supplies Section are as follows:
- Addressing both local and foreign suppliers, and providing the available information about those suppliers to the Tenders Committee or other parties authorized to buy supplies at the University.
- Ordering, receiving and checking supplies, recording and coding, appropriate arrangement storage of supplies in warehouses, as well as providing insurance, maintenance, keeping inventory, supervision, distribution, control of inventory and monitoring the disposition of supplies and their suitability, according to the rules and regulations governing Supplies and Works at the University.
- Classification of supplies and their warehouses according to modern supply management methods, as well as organizing warehouses in coordination and cooperation with other relevant authorities at the University.
- Providing all required materials to the deanships and departments at the University, while endeavoring to get the best prices from the local market.