The department of psychological and educational Guidance at the deanship of students affairs has been established to provide the necessary specialized support services to the university’s students in general and to those with disability students , with the aim of developing the students personality in all its aspects : psychologically ,socially, behaviorally, and professionally , in order to achieve development and learning ,as well as the realization of the students adaptation to himself and to the environment around him .
- Developing self-orientation skills of the student to bring him to a degree of consciousness to explore his self, capabilities and capacities.
- Helping the student to understand his self, conditions, reality and environment, so that he is able to face and overcome life problems.
- Facilitating the student's normal growth aspects and helping him to reach the maximum degree possible of psychological and social maturity.
- Achieving consistency between the individual and his environment.
- Letting the student acquire personal and social skills which enable him and immunize him against falling in problems.
- Developing the student’s positive behavior and modifying his negative behavior.
- Providing the student with problem solving and decision making skills.
- Helping the student in the professional selectation in consistency with his capacities and professional attitudes in light of the society’s needs and labor market conditions.
- Providing the university’s students with special needs with psychological support ,helping them accept their selves ,reinforcing the positive self-concept by them ,helping them achieve the highest possible degree of psychological ,social and academic adaptation ,in addition to developing their communication and problem solving skills through participation in specialized lectures and courses.
- Individual guidance (study case): It is concerned with helping the individual to know his self .experiences and needs, as well as helping him in finding the appropriate solution to the problem from which he suffers, which means enabling the student to find self-solutions to his own problems, through numerous psychological sessions in addition to follow up sessions to achieve the desired goals set at the beginning of the guidance process.
- Remedial collective guidance :
- It deals with a certain problem or difficulty from which a group of persons ranging from 2 to 8 suffer. In the collective guidance group, the member's expectations are discussed on the extent of their benefit from the program, in addition to the discussion of their experiences pertinent to the specific problem or difficulty within the limits of confidentiality, secure atmosphere and unconditional acceptance.
- Psychological consultations :
- These take place between the psychological specialist and the student seeking the consultation who suffers from low or moderate degree psychological disturbance .here ,the function of the psychological specialist lies in helping the student get rid of the irritations pertinent to his problem to enable him to think clearly and solve his problem .
- Providing awareness programs to the university’s students and the local community, as well as organizing lectures and specialized training courses for students, in addition to cooperating with different entities and institutions in the field of provision of psychological services.
- Presenting services of psychological guidance and orientation to students with special needs at the university, studying their family, academic, adaptation and social problems and solving them, in addition to cooperating individuals with special needs to exchange experiences and materials.
- Supervising the administration of study fee exemptions for needy students through the needy student fund
Mrs Nour karmool
Tel: +962 6 535 9949 Ext: 103 Fax: +962 6 534 7295
P.O.Box 1438 Al-Jubaiha - Amman, 11941 Jordan