PSUT’s International Relations Office (IRO) was established in response to a new strategy which places international relations high on the University’s list of priorities. This strategy recognizes that internationalization stretches across all the different university portfolios with the objective of developing an internationalization culture and institutional capacity through the transfer of know-how and good practice.
Strong international relations greatly assist the innovative reach of PSUT and enable it to formulate meaningful research and exchange partnerships that provide access to resources and knowledge from the best institutions the world over.
The IRO currently oversees and manages agreements and Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) and constantly seeks new international connections and partnerships.
The Office also carries out a number of activities which include the organization of quality conferences, workshops and seminars which complement its main role as a key driver of internationalization strategies for the University.
- Developing an internationalization culture through cooperative regional actions.
- Providing appropriate knowledge, means, and methods to improve internationalization actions of MEDA partner country institutions.
- Creating a recognized regional network for good practice transfer.
- Managing external projects for the University - Follow-up of all agreements and Memoranda of Understanding (MOU).
- Maintaining the University’s international contacts.
- Supervising and counseling guest researchers and lecturers and international students who plan to carry out their studies or research at PSUT.
- Advising PSUT students who wish to study or join internship programs abroad.
- Coordination and implementation of all activities related to the establishment and maintenance of exchange agreements with universities abroad.
- Providing administrative support for the exchange of students and faculty members with universities abroad.
- Receiving exchange students from PSUT partner institutions abroad and organizing their study programs.
- Processing of applications of PSUT students who wish to study abroad.
- Processing applications of international students wishing to visit and register at PSUT.
- Providing academic advice, arranging summer school activities, and helping to arrange suitable accommodation for international students.
- Gathering and maintaining a database of all courses offered in the Arabic language at PSUT.
- Providing information to PSUT faculty and students about agreements with partner universities.
- Creating brochures and guides for PSUT use and external stakeholders about the University and its academic and non-academic services.
- Maintaining a library of course catalogs, information brochures and other material from partner institutions.
- Maintaining a searchable database of travel reports prepared by PSUT students.
- Maintaining up-to-date reference material on international study programs, including scholarships.
- Establishing and developing an internationalization culture through cooperative regional actions.
1. Bir Network, USA
2. Institute of International Education (IIE), USA
3. Florida Institute of Technology, USA
4. Towson University, USA
5. Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), USA
6. University of Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
7. International Studies Abroad, USA
8. Oakland University, USA
9. George Mason University, USA
10. Indiana University - Purdue University, Fort Wayne, USA
11. University of Bridgeport, USA
12. Synopsys, Inc. (Mountain View, California), USA
13. University of New Brunswick (Fredericton, New Brunswick), Canada
14. University of Windsor, Canada
15. University of Lancaster, UK
16. Durham University, UK
17. Coventry University, UK
18. INSEEC M.Sc. and MBA Paris Campus, France
19. Aix-Marseillle University, France
20. SAP® University Alliances, Germany
21. Ulm University, Germany
22. The International Center for Innovation in Education, Germany
23. Technische Universität, Berlin, Germany
24. Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, Austria
25. Technical University of Graz – Institute of Information Systems and Computer Media (IICM), Austria
26. Universiteit Hasselt (Diepenbeek), Belgium
27. Springer Science + Media, BV, Netherlands
28. University of Barcelona, Spain
29. University of Cadiz, Calle Ancha, Spain
30. Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia), Spain
31. Universidad de Almería (University of Almeria)– UAL, Spain
32. Link Campus University, Italy
33. University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
34. AIT - Athens Information Technology Center of Excellence for Research & Education, Greece
35. University of Porto, Portugal
36. Duzce University, Turkey
37. Canik Basari University, Turkey
38. Middle East Technical University, Turkey
39. Bilkent University, Turkey
40. Sirnak University, Turkey
41. Information and Communications University, Korea
42. Hasanuddin University - HU, Indonesia
43. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia - USIM, Malaysia
44. Universiti Malaysia Perlis, Malaysia
45. Southern Federal University, Russia
46. Peoples’ Friendship University, Russia
47. Soochow University, Taiwan
48. Academy of Scientific Research & Technology - ASRT, Egypt
49. Helwan University, Egypt
50. Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University, Saudi Arabia
Partnerships within Jordan
- King Abdullah II Fund for Development
- Na3am Games
- Sustainability Excellence
- Jordan Library Association
- Migrate Business Services Co.
- Alnada Business Development Company
- LG Electronics Levant Jordan Co.
- Jordanian Scholarship Society for Jordanian Female Students
- Al-Ruwad Training Academy
- RAM for Global Electronic Education Services (RAM/GEES)
- German-Jordanian University, Jordan
- Security Management Technology (SMT) Center
- R.A.M. Information Technology Company (Ra Alef Meem for Information Technology)
- Emerging Markets Payments (EMP)
- Al Manhal Technologies
- Dale Carnegie Training (Asas for Training and Skills Development)
- Housing Bank
- Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan (through the Mitsubishi Jordan branch)
- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Royal Jordanian Geographic Center
- Institute of Public Administration
- Ma’ahad Al-Idara Al-Aama
- Higher Council for Youth
- King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (KADDB)
- Modern Language Center
- Al Ahliyya Amman University, Jordan
- British Council
- Jordan Education Initiative (JEI), Jordan
- Business Development Center (Maharat)
- SCOPI Academy
- Representative of the European Business Competence License in Jordan
- Doseyeh for E-Learning Portals
- Grapheast Jordan
- Jordanian Renewable Energy Society ESTEDAMA
- E-Sense (Engineering Sense)
- Electronic Health Solutions (Hakeem)
- Specialized Technical Services (STS)
- Marefa Arab Electronic Database
- Jordan Telecom Group (Orange Jordan) & Royal Scientific Society
- Jordan Book Center Note: This agreement is with the PSUT library and is not academic.
- Jordan Telecom Group (Orange Jordan)
- Hussein bin Talal University (Maan), Jordan
- University Bookshop (Kazem Kutob & Co.)
- Applied Scientific Research Fund (ASRF)
- El Hassan Business Park – Intellectual Property Commercialization Office
- JTronix (Jordan Electronics)
- MADA Communications
- Jordan Computer Society
- The Arab Foundation for Sustainable Development (Ruwwad)
- Cisco Systems Networking Academy, CISCO Corp, CISCO Systems
- Durham University Charity Kommittee (DUCK)
- El-Hassan Youth Award
- Badia Research and Development Center
- The Jordanian Center for Knowledge Management
- Huawei Tech Investment Co. (Jordan Branch)
- Huawei Tech Investment Co. (Dubai branch)
- Global Professional Training
- Rubicon Group Holding
- Sketch in Motion Animation Studio
- ACM Arab Collegiate Programming Contest
- Al Abaad Center for Studies and Training
- AMIDEAST (America-Mideast Educational and Training Services)
- Agenda Consulting and Human Resource Development LLC M.M.
- Jordan Book Center
- Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Jordan
- Jubilee School
- Talal Abu-Ghazaleh - ICT Academy
- UNIFEM, (Arab States Regional Office)
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
CIEE is a non-profit, non-governmental international exchange organization. For over 60 years, our mission has been "to help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge, and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world." We develop and administer programs, advocate for the advancement of international education, and build knowledge through CIEE research, publications, and conferences.
For U.S. students, faculty, and administrators, CIEE offers programs including study abroad, teach abroad, and faculty development seminars. For those interested in coming to the U.S. on an exchange program, options range from high school programs to J-1 work and internship opportunities. Click on the links above to learn more.
Through intensive Arabic language training, a challenging, comprehensive academic program, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions, study abroad in Amman gives students greater insight into life in the Middle East, and a truly unique Jordanian experience.
Study abroad in Jordan will:
- Improve the student’s Arabic in intensive language courses in modern standard and colloquial Jordanian Arabic.
- Allow the student to choose from a variety of regional studies courses in English and learn about political and cultural issues from guest lecturers.
- Give the student the opportunity to interact with local university students and improve their Arabic skills through a peer tutor program and target language clubs.
- Give the student the opportunity to visit important archaeological and natural sites in Jordan including Petra, the Dead Sea, and biblical sites.
- Allow students to get involved with the local community through a range of volunteer activities.
PSUT has signed a student exchange agreement with the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE). CIEE is a non-profit, non-governmental organization for international exchange, with over 325 member institutions, headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA. Its main mandate is to develop and administer programs, advocate for the advancement of international education, and build knowledge through research, publications, and conferences.
In its effort to offer the best possible educational experience, PSUT welcomes the excellent opportunity this agreement provides for intercultural exchange and interaction between its students and those from diverse American universities enrolling in programs at PSUT, which will be jointly taught by CIEE and PSUT faculty.
At the signing ceremony, the President of PSUT at that time, Prof. Issa Batarseh, remarked that “the globalization phenomenon has made it imperative that universities like PSUT encourage student exchange and interaction as absolutely essential elements for a truly universal and diverse academic experience. Such exchanges potentially lead to win-win partnerships in collaborative research, improvement of program quality and understanding cross-cultural trends and mindsets. We are very optimistic that our partnership with CIEE will have exactly these beneficial results. Our aim is to promote synergetic integration among students on both sides to ensure a rich academic and cultural experience.”
Statistical CIEE students by nationality from 2013-2014:
Number of Students
Learning a new language is always a challenge. From grammatical rules, to pronouncing words, to simply memorizing vocabulary, everything seems daunting and difficult. But making the decision to immerse myself in an exchange program at PSUT in Jordan has brought me to appreciate and love the Arabic language.
Eric Wong, University of California - EAP
Ms. Leila Rawashdeh
Director, International Relations Office
Phone: 962 (0)6 5359949 - Extension# 428