Transferring from other universities to a School at Princess Sumaya University for Technology
PSUT accepts applications for transfer from students currently studying at other universities or community colleges recognized by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, provided the following conditions are met:
• The student should have successfully completed at least one academic semester at the recognized university and his/her average academic evaluation should not be less than 60%.
• The student should hold a secondary school certificate or equivalent with the required average, and all University and particular School admission requirements should be met.
• There should be available academic seats in the School that the student wishes to transfer to, taking into account the School’s admissions schedule which is specified according to the University’s general admissions policy.
• The acceptance of the transfer student is dependent on his/her still being in attendance at the university in which he studied, and not having been suspended or expelled for academic or disciplinary reasons.
• By a decision of the School Board on the recommendation of the Department, all or some of the university requirement courses that the student successfully completed at the university he/she is transferring from may be credited , provided that the assessment in any of them is not less than 50% and the cumulative average is not less than 60%.
• The maximum number of credit hours that may be credited and transferred from another recognized university, under the student’s study plan at PSUT, is 66 credit hours in all Schools, except the School of Engineering where the maximum is 80 credit hours.
• The scores, grades or averages obtained by the student in any transferred courses are not calculated in the cumulative average.
Equivalency procedures for crediting courses for transfer students
• Any transfer student from another university is entitled to be credited for courses studied at the previous university, provided that:
• The student submits a transcript showing the courses studied at the previous university duly certified by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
• The student provides the course descriptions for those studied at the previous university, certified by that university.
• The student submits a certificate of good conduct from the previous university.
When the student submits a request for acknowledgment of subjects at the Deanship of Admissions and Registration accompanied by the documents mentioned above, he/she should specify the subjects to be considered for credit at PSUT and the equivalent subjects that have been completed at the previous university.
Visiting Students (Private Study System – Non- Degree)
Students who are enrolled in another educational institution and wish to study some courses in any semester at PSUT may enroll as visiting students, without receiving a degree, under the following conditions:
• Private studies students are not granted any degree from Princess Sumaya University for Technology.
• The credit hour fees are double those paid by regular students.
• Students are allowed to register for courses after submitting an application and paying the prescribed fees. Please note that students are not entitled to any refund on tuition fees for the courses in which they have registered.
• Students wishing to study as visiting students in any of the Fall, Spring or Summer semesters may apply to the Deanship of Admissions and Registration.
Deferral of admission
• The student who has gained admission to a PSUT School must register the desired courses at the beginning of each semester and within the prescribed period in the University calendar.
• The student's admission is canceled if he/she does not complete the registration procedures in the semester in which he/she was accepted and has failed to submit a deferral application. In this case, the student is not entitled to a refund of paid tuition fees if the University semester has officially begun.
• Applications must be submitted during the specified time period, by visiting the Deanship of Admissions and Registration at Princess Sumaya University for Technology.
• The applicant must bring his/her secondary school certificate, certified by the Jordanian Ministry of Education.
• The applicant must fill out all the required personal and academic data when completing the application form for admission to the University.
• The applicant must choose the program in which he/she wishes to register, and list his/her choices according to priority.
Application confirmation stage
• There is a limited period of time for confirmation of the application (a number of days specified by the University) and confirmation can only be done at that time.
• The School registrar shall verify the required application documents and ensure that the conditions are met according to standard procedure.
• Failure to confirm the application to join the University will lead to its cancellation.
• The applicant must follow up through the University's website and ensure that all stages are completed until the University ID is issued.
Distribution and announcement of candidates’ acceptance results stage
Candidates’ acceptance results will be published on the University’s website and you will be notified via e-mail or text message.
• The student completes registration and provides the remaining required documents (secondary school certificate + identity card + personal photo, etc.
• The student is given a university number.
• The student is provided with an acceptance notice to enable payment of financial dues.
• A copy of the acceptance notice is sent to the Deanship of Student Affairs so the student can obtain the University ID. A copy is sent to the library to enable the student to benefit from its services, and a copy to the health center to enable the student to benefit from its services.
• The student visits the Deanship of Admissions and Registration to fix his/her study schedule, including the time and place of each lecture, and receives a printed copy.
• Students are required to register for the Arabic Language, English Language and Computer Skills exam. The candidate must take the exam at the specified place, which is announced in the Deanship of Admissions and Registration. If the student does not pass the level examination, he/she must register for a qualifying course at the level he has not passed.
• Non-Jordanian foreign students must visit the Deanship of Student Affairs to complete residency procedures.
• The original transcript showing scores of the secondary school certificate or equivalent qualification.
• The student’s original birth certificate or a certified copy.
• A certified photocopy of the student’s Civil Affairs ID card, or passport (for non-Jordanians).
• Three recent color passport photographs.
• A copy of the National Service booklet (for Jordanian male students only).
Additional documents for students with foreign secondary school certificates
• Certificate of equivalence of secondary school certificate, to be obtained from the Jordanian Ministry of Education in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
• Duly certified copies of 10th, 11th and 12th grade progress certificates and the secondary school graduation certificate.
• Students who have obtained certificates from outside the Kingdom must submit proof of acceptance at a public university in the home country or obtain proof of equivalency to the general secondary school certificate from the Jordanian Ministry of Education.
Additional documents for students transferring from other universities
• Official transcripts certified by the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education.
• A certified copy of course descriptions from the previous university.
• Students who are transferring from outside the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan are required to submit a letter of accreditation confirming that the university from which the student is transferring is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
Important notes regarding application
• The student shall complete the application himself, and be held responsible for the accuracy of the data presented. Any incomplete application will not be considered.
• The student is responsible for completing all the required procedures of the application stages at the specified time, according to the regulations and academic calendar. The University is not responsible for completing the procedures in the event of the student’s failure to adhere to any procedure at the specified time. This may adversely affect the student’s acceptance to study at the University. All students should visit the University's website (www.psut.edu.jo) to find out the dates and places of the entrance exams and personal interviews, and to see their results.
• Admission is valid only for the semester in which the student submits his application for admission, and the student's admission is canceled if he or she does not attend at the start of the course.
• All documents submitted for admission are considered to be the property of the University, and the student is not entitled to claim any document from his personal file after delivery to the relevant employee.
• The University is not responsible for scholarship applications, and students should follow up the matter with their potential sponsors.
• Applications submitted after the expiration of the application period will not be considered.
• The University has the right to increase tuition fees.
• The student shall adhere to any other requirements that may be determined by the University.
Authentication in the country of origin (outside Jordan)
• The secondary school certificate must be certified by the Ministry of Higher Education in the country of origin.
• The certificate must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin.
• Certificates must be authenticated by the Jordanian Embassy.
Authentication in Jordan
• The secondary school certificate or its equivalent must be certified by the Jordanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• The secondary school certificate or its equivalent must be certified by the Jordanian Ministry of Education.
Applications for admission
To submit an application for Bachelor’s degree programs
Download Application for Undergraduate Programs
To submit an application for Master’s degree programs
To submit an application for Doctorate degree programs